Director, User Experience
You are a relentless and passionate advocate for the user, leveraging key insights from research and data analysis to inform your design solutions. You are naturally curious and inquisitive with a desire to understand the nuances of intricate user flows and the technical complexities of designing for multiple technologies and platforms. You are a great communicator who is inherently collaborative and thrives while working closely with diverse cross-functional teams.
- Distill complex user goals and business requirements into simple and intuitive experiences that scale across screens and platforms
- Help define and execute a data-driven creative strategy that drives the evolution of the product towards a more engaging and personalized user experience
- Plan and facilitate collaborative ideation sessions with cross-functional teams and key stakeholders to understand and solve specific business and user needs
- Be a key contributor to the planning and execution of usability tests and user research
- Present concepts to senior stakeholders and be able to effectively articulate design rational
- Mentor and develop a small team of Product and UX designers
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams including Product Management and Engineering to gather feedback, iterate, test, refine and implement designs
- Manage multiple ongoing projects, and remain flexible through rounds of iteration
- Provide both direction and hands-on design for a wide array of deliverables ranging from maps and wireframes to high-fidelity design mocks and polished prototypes
- 8+ years of experience in UX, Product, or Interactive design, or related field, in a product or agency setting
- Experience leading and managing teams of designers
- Bachelor's degree or higher in UX or Interaction Design, or a related field
- A high level of proficiency with design tools including InVision, Principle, Zeplin and Sketch, including using Craft plugins and Sketch libraries, and experience with Adobe CC
- Highly collaborative with the ability and willingness to explore multiple concepts and potential solutions, and generate multiple iterations of a single design.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience building and managing cross-platform design systems and pattern libraries
- A portfolio showcasing cross-platform design solutions with the ability to articulate your design thinking in the context of the user and business problems you were solving for
- A passion for designing experiences that delight and engage customers
- Experience designing for TV, gaming consoles and other 10-foot platforms
- A passion for television and streaming media