Interactive Art Director
We're looking for an Interactive Art Director to join our Marketing team, to lead visual and UX design for our global digital presence. This will be a high-visibility role that will directly influence marketing and sales goals across the entire organization. Our ideal teammate will be passionate, driven, and always asking "why".
You will report to the Director, Web Strategy and Engineering.
Does This Describe You:
You're a leader who's a team player!
A Look Inside the Job:
- Design intuitive and cohesive user experience and interfaces for Datto’s complete digital presence
- Systematically build out component library with engineers while incorporating brand identity elements
- Maintain a high-level holistic view while delivering detail-focused solutions
- Create wireframes, prototypes and final mockups for presentation with internal stakeholders
- Iterate and improve upon existing designs optimizing for brand recognition and customer conversion
- Work closely with engineering to support successful launches while advocating for creative
- Juggle multiple projects with a sense of urgency, adapt to evolving project scopes, and maintain a high level of work under pressure while delivering on required timelines
- Provide creative direction for and manage development of UI designers and external agencies
- 5+ years experience designing user experience and user interfaces for web-based applications
- Basic understanding of HTML & CSS, with at least an elementary knowledge of JS
- Expert experience in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch and other prototyping applications
- A strong web-based portfolio demonstrating real-world experience creating rich, intuitive and superb user interface designs
- Being opinionated and able to defend your design decisions
- Experience with illustration for web
- Able to work at all levels of the business, from developers to the CEO
- Responsive web and mobile application design experience
- Strong design skills with the ability to naturally shift focus to think about an experience from the macro perspective (user flows, information architecture) to the micro perspective (typography, error messaging, form layout, etc)
- Fundamental understanding of how a user’s experience is impacted by different layers within the web stack—from the front-end codebase to the server-side data models
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.
Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for an Interactive Art Director to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.Posted 10 days ago Apply Now