Product Designer, Contract
Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with groundbreaking technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to craft unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the Role?
We are looking for an experienced Product/UX Designer to join our team of product managers and engineers and help bring compelling new products to life. You’ll work on UX/UI design for all aspects of our product ecosystem, including traditional mobile and web applications as well as city-scale IoT, enterprise software and data management platforms. Our ideal candidate has a proven track record of solving complex interaction problems across multiple platforms and interface modalities. She or he has an eye for detail and possesses a strong blend of systems, interaction and visual design skills.
- Work with product managers to discover user-centered needs, refine product requirements and identify ideal user flows to bring compelling new products to life
- Create and deliver scalable design components for the company’s SaaS solutions and mobile products
- Communicate and collaborate closely with our engineering team across geographies
- Conduct user testing and design QA to ensure our new products and features are a success
You’re great for this role because:
- You have 3-5+ years of professional UX/UI Design experience creating digital experiences, services, and applications.
- Can show us an excellent on-line portfolio showcasing user experience and visual design work for desktop, mobile and touch devices.
- Thrive at communicating design concepts and visualizing system flows through sketches and wireframes
- Are able to develop rapid prototypes, experiments, and lead user research/product testing at different levels of fidelity
- Are experienced with using Sketch, Zeplin, Invision, and other design tools to create and deliver polished design components and communicate with engineers
- Have worked with large design systems
- Experienced at designing SaaS / enterprise software and familiar with Bootstrap / React
- Have deep expertise of user-centered design principles and an empathetic design approach
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules