Your Mission, Should You Choose to Accept:
Expensify prides itself in solving real-world problems with a team of motivated, top-notch designers. We’re passionate about innovating processes and developing tools to help you reveal your best you. Working at Expensify means helping us build the most efficient and collaborative platform to automate everything expense-related as well as the brand to support it.
Joining our small design team means you’ll be working on a diverse range of projects with the opportunity to choose your own path and make a big impact. We work hard at Expensify but we also work hard to ensure our people are happy. Our most talked about perk is Offshore, where we spend three weeks abroad working from a remote location as a team. This year we’re going to Vietnam, and we’d love for you to join us!
About the Job
Expensify is looking for a talented and energetic designer to work with us at our San Francisco or Portland office. We’re looking for someone who prides themselves on being a design generalist — someone who has equally strong curiosities in building apps as well as building brands. As the third designer on our team, the ideal candidate is excited to help refine our product and brand, eager to take ownership, and possesses the collaboration skills to work with our engineering, marketing, and product teams to bring projects from concept to completion.
Responsibilities of the Designer job:
- On the product side of this role, we’re looking for someone who loves critically thinking about real user experience problems and has simple, elegant solutions to solve them. Some of the product responsibilities of this role include creating wireframes, designing pixel-perfect mockups, building interactive prototypes, and working side-by-side with engineering to build/code the solutions to the problems you solve.
- On the visual design side of this role, we’re looking for someone who shares our aspirational vision and can help plan and art direct the future of our brand. We’re looking for someone with a strong grasp of the fundamentals and can apply them across a wide range of mediums. The projects can range from brand campaigns like our Super Bowl ad with 2 Chainz and Adam Scott, to experiential design projects like our exclusive conference hosted in Bora Bora, and even to interior design projects like turning a 100-year-old bank into our Portland office.
For the best possible fit, we’re looking for someone who:
- Has a high level of proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch, etc.
- Has a strong portfolio with an emphasis in the areas of product design, branding, and systems-based design.
- Has a passion for detail, and an excellent use of type and layout in both print and digital.
- Is capable of prioritizing multiple tasks across multiple teams and works efficiently.
- Is a problem-solver and question-asker with a positive attitude.
- Has a desire to learn and grow outside of your comfort zone.
Bonus points if you have:
- Some coding skills and command line experience.
- Experience building brands.
Compensation & Benefits
- Full-time, salaried position
- 401k with employer match
- 100% Medical/Dental/Vision contributions
- Commuter benefits
- Relocation if needed
- Free lunch
- Flexible vacation policy
- Work from home when you need to
- Last, but far from least, the opportunity to spend 3 weeks abroad with the rest of the company
Like what you see? Applying is easy, but it takes time. See, while we know you're wonderful, it's actually really hard and time consuming to find you in the midst of literally hundreds of other applications we get from everyone else. So this is where we're going to ask our first favor: can you make it really easy and obvious how great you are, so we don't accidentally overlook you? There are many ways to do that, but the easiest way to help us out is by answering the following questions:
- What's the URL of your website? If you don't have one, why not?
- What's your design history? When did you start, and what have you done between then and now?
- What do you want to do with the rest of your life, and how is Expensify a step toward your long-term goals?
- How did you hear about us? A job posting? Chalk on a sidewalk? From a friend? Let us know where you saw this opening.
Resume not your thing? That’s great, we don’t really read them anyway! Forward your responses to the questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. We're excited to hear from you!
Posted about 1 month ago