Senior UI Designer
WHO WE ARE
The AI2 Incubator creates, launches and invests in AI-first tech startups. We are funded by the Paul Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence—a world-leading A.I. research institute with over 100+ A.I. PhDs, researchers, and engineers. Each year, we invite world-class technical talent and entrepreneurs to join our incubator on a rolling basis. We help them come up with ideas, find co-founders, engage pilot customers, define their product, incorporate the latest A.I. techniques into their technology, and raise millions of dollars in seed funding.
INCUBATOR TRACK RECORD
While we are a relatively new incubator, we are proud of our progress and track record. To-date we have incubated seven startups including XNOR.ai, WellSaidLabs.com, Lexion.ai, and more. In the last two years alone, our companies collectively have raised $29M in funding, are valued at $115.5M, and employ over 100+ people—and we are just getting started.
WHY ARE WE HIRING THIS ROLE?
We are looking for a creative and strategic Senior UI Designer to join our core team. You will collaborate with extraordinary entrepreneurs to help them build brands, product interfaces, and marketing collateral for new startups. This is a fast-paced environment—similar to an agency—but with projects that live at the cutting edge of new AI-first technology development.
YOU WILL COLLABORATE WITH ENTREPRENEURS TO
- Build brand names, logos, and color palettes for new product ideas
Design Product UI
- Synthesize customer research into elegant user interface designs for mobile and web
- Translate algorithm or model outputs into compelling data visualizations
- Develop landing pages that communicate compelling value propositions
- Build fundraising pitch decks that help founders raise millions of dollars
WHO YOU ARE
We are looking for high performers who can be thoughtful and intentional while moving quickly in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. The Senior UI Designer should balance logic with emotion, and has a proven track record of designing world-class visuals. Success in this environment requires:
- Ability to produce compelling, high quality designs
- Experience working in a highly iterative, and collaborative environment
- Proficiency designing user interfaces and experiences, including information architecture, user flows, wireframes, visual design, and prototypes that articulate product design
- Experience working individually and collaboratively, and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
- An appetite to test, learn, iterate, and improve
- A bias for action in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment
- An ownership attitude
- Efficiency in Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and prototyping tools
- 6+ years of relevant brand and user interface design experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in a Design or UX-related field of study
- Previous agency experience working with a variety of clients is a huge plus
ABOUT THE RESEARCH INSTITUTE
In addition to AI2’s core mission, we also aim to contribute to humanity through our treatment of each member of our team. Some highlights are:
- We are a learning organization: Because everything AI2 does is ground-breaking, we are learning every day. Similarly, through weekly AI2 Academy lectures, a wide variety of world-class AI experts as guest speakers, and our commitment to your personal ongoing education, AI2 is place where you will have opportunities to continue learning alongside your coworkers.
- We value diversity: We seek to hire, support, and promote people from all genders, ethnicities, and all levels of experience regardless of age. We particularly encourage applications from women, non-binary individuals, people of color, members of the LGBTQA+ community, and people with disabilities.
- We value inclusion: We understand the value that people's individual experiences and perspectives can bring to an organization, and we are building a culture in which all voices are heard, respected and considered.
- We emphasize a healthy work/life balance: We believe our team members are happiest and most productive when their work/life balance is optimized. While we value powerful research results which drive our mission forward, we also value dinner with family, weekend time, and vacation time. We offer generous paid vacation and sick leave as well as family leave.
- And so much more!
AI2 is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at 206-548-5600.
Posted about 1 month ago