Senior Product Designer!
WHO WE ARE
The AI2 Incubator is a Seattle-based artificial intelligence incubator that creates, launches and invests in AI-first tech startups. The incubator is funded by (and housed next to) the Paul Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence—a world-leading A.I. research institute with over 100+ A.I. PhDs, researchers, and engineers.
WHAT DO WE DO
We build AI-first startups. Each year, we invite world-class technical talent and entrepreneurs to join our incubator on a rolling basis. We help them come up with ideas, find co-founders, engage pilot customers, define their product, incorporate the latest A.I. techniques into their technology, and raise millions of dollars in seed funding. And we act as a co-founder, every step of the way.
INCUBATOR TRACK RECORD
While we are a relatively new tech startup incubator in Seattle, we are proud of our progress and track record. To-date we have incubated seven startups including XNOR.ai, WellSaidLabs.com, Lexion.ai, and more. In the last two years alone, our companies collectively have raised $29M in funding, are valued at $115.5M, and employ over 100+ people—and we are just getting started.
WHY ARE WE HIRING THIS ROLE?
We are looking for a curious, passionate, and strategic Senior Product Designer with brand, research, user experience, and digital design expertise to join our core team. Extra plus if you have experience in creating compelling data visualizations. You will collaborate with both the AI2 Incubator core team as well as incubator spinout founders working to build brands, products, and marketing collateral. Please kindly submit a portfolio that shows off the breadth of your capabilities including your process and end product executions.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Ideate, Validate and Create
- Participate in new company creation ideation sessions
- Collaborate with core team member on new concept development
- Build test brands and look at data through the lens of our validation framework
- Talk to customers to help validate concepts
- Participate in early-stage brand workshops
- Create mood boards and brand identity options that reflect brand values
- Create, extend and apply brand identities across product and marketing channels
- Work with core team members and key stakeholders in the execution of business design
- Work iteratively on initial concepts, prototypes, and details designs informed by user research, marketplace and behavior trends, and your best ideas
- Participate in a hands-on manner through all product phases, from strategy to launch
- Partner with the AI2 Incubator’s cross-functional teams to determine business and feature requirements and translate them into thoughtful design solutions
- Translate brand tenets into elegant user interface design
- Translate algorithm or model outputs into compelling data visualizations
- Validate design concepts with end users
WHO YOU ARE
We are looking for high performers who can be thoughtful and intentional while moving quickly in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. The Senior Product Designer should balance logic with emotion, and has a proven track record of designing world-class experiences. Success in this environment requires:
- A deep sense of curiosity and proven ability to propose creative concepts during initial project phases and the ability to deliver on those ideas through detailed design
- Proven ability to solve complex UX problems and the product strategy skills to deliver best-in-class visual design solutions
- Experience working in a highly iterative, and collaborative environment where opinions are strong but loosely held
- Proficiency designing user interfaces and experiences, including information architecture, user flows, wireframes, visual design, and prototypes that articulate product design
- Experience working individually and collaboratively, and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
- An appetite to test, learn, iterate, and improve
- A bias for action in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment
- An ownership attitude
- Efficiency in Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and prototyping tools
- 6+ years of relevant brand and user interface design experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in a Design or UX-related field of study
ABOUT THE RESEARCH INSTITUTE
In addition to AI2’s core mission, we also aim to contribute to humanity through our treatment of each member of our team. Some highlights are:
- We are a learning organization: Because everything AI2 does is ground-breaking, we are learning every day. Similarly, through weekly AI2 Academy lectures, a wide variety of world-class AI experts as guest speakers, and our commitment to your personal ongoing education, AI2 is place where you will have opportunities to continue learning alongside your coworkers.
- We value diversity: We seek to hire, support, and promote people from all genders, ethnicities, and all levels of experience regardless of age. We particularly encourage applications from women, non-binary individuals, people of color, members of the LGBTQA+ community, and people with disabilities.
- We value inclusion: We understand the value that people's individual experiences and perspectives can bring to an organization, and we are building a culture in which all voices are heard, respected and considered.
- We emphasize a healthy work/life balance: We believe our team members are happiest and most productive when their work/life balance is optimized. While we value powerful research results which drive our mission forward, we also value dinner with family, weekend time, and vacation time. We offer generous paid vacation and sick leave as well as family leave.
- And so much more!
AI2 is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at 206-548-5600.
Overview of the incubator:
About our entrepreneurs, in their own words:Posted 13 days ago Apply Now