Visual Designer, ECOM Marketing Design
Much in the same way that Square revolutionized payments, we’ve re-imagined how merchants start, run and grow their business online. With Square Online Store, we’re making it easier for sellers to sell across any channel—from expanding inventory offerings beyond a brick and mortar shop, to launching a custom-branded ecommerce website, to fulfilling orders through our mobile app.
***For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio***
Design Studio is a new team that is focused on serving SMB to Mid-Market clients to Square's Ecommerce platform. In this role, you’ll be part of an internal design agency, directing and contributing to visual and interaction design, providing design recommendations for how clients can elevate their online brands, managing a number of client projects at any given time, and collaborating with other team disciplines.
This role requires someone with strong design fundamentals and a solid understanding of UI patterns and principles. You’ll be responsible for designing and building high-quality websites using the Square Online Store builder, creating and editing graphic assets such as product photography, maintaining an asset library, and owning projects from concept through review process and delivery. Specifically, you’ll execute designs that optimize a client’s Ecommerce website while adhering to our builder experience and functionality. You’ll collaborate closely with our Product and Marketing Design teams, as well as Business Development.
The breadth of this role will span:
- Proficient with Square Online Store builder
- Execute design solutions for client-based web projects
- Produce and/or edit a range of visual assets, including photo retouching, icon creation, illustration, etc.
- Translate designs into functioning websites using the Square Online Store builder
- Develop final files from concepts and ensure efficient file handoffs
- Employ an iterative design process that includes accepting and acting on feedback and constructive criticism
- Portfolio that demonstrates experience across several website creation tools or builders
- A solid understanding of typography, layout, information architecture
- Proven ability to deliver quality + effective design at high volumes under tight timelines
- Strong visual, communication, and documentation skills
- Experience with design applications such as Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, Figma
- Fluent in responsive design web standards
- Photo retouching/video editing skills
- Knowledge of motion and Adobe After Effects, etc.
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.Posted 7 days ago Apply Now