Senior UX Designer
Senior UX Designer
London - Shell Centre
What’s the role?
In the Marketing cards and Loyalty CX team, the UX/UI Designer will have a hands on approach to translating business requirements into the most optimum mobile and web user experience that is efficient, cost effective and maximizes user interaction and ROI. The UX/UI Designer brings leading design principles, assists others in achieving high quality UX/UI design output and is a key contributor in establishing and maintaining digital interaction design standards, documentation and reusable design assets.
This Senior UX Practitioner position reports to the Experience Design Lead. You’ll be hands on with responsibility for your works and visual designs.
You be responsible for the user interface and interaction design for mobile, interactive web and other relevant software development initiatives. You’ll make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
You’ll be responsible for the user interface and interaction design for mobile, interactive web and other relevant software development initiatives. You’ll make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
Your accountabilities include:
- Potential to lead teams, as well as being a team player
- Communicative and pragmatic
- Highly collaborative
- Custodian of the corporate branding and common approach to user interaction and experience across multiple platforms
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences
- Facilitate business’s product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital product
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions, taking a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate designs
What we need from you
We continue striving to build a professional IT solutions development organization. Are you an individual with a unique perspective on design that can demonstrate UX/UI concepts to as well as consult with clients/project managers and lead experience architect?
We’re keen to hear from men and women with the following on their CV:
• Proven experience with leveraging design tools, specifically the Adobe Creative suite and rapid prototyping tools such as Axure. RP / Sketch /In Vision etc. and establishing design standards and design component libraries
• Understanding of corporate design and branding approach, and implementation.
• Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design methodologies.
• Design clear, elegant user flows and interfaces that make the complex simple.
• A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD):
- Planning and conducting user research:
- Heuristic analysis;
- Contextual and Ethnographic studies.
- User testing - A/B & Multi Variant
- Rapid prototyping
• Usability and Accessibility.
• Experience and ability to lead various types of processes such as around Design Thinking / Service Design etc.
• Familiar with the application software development process from designing, coding, testing using various methods; Waterfall, Agile, SCRUM, KANBAN etc.
• Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and other designers.
• Iterate on designs based on team and user feedback, and data.
• Evangelize for exceptional design across the company
• Act as the user-advocate during the development process, subjecting early-stage designs to usability testing or expert review, and offering implementation suggestions from a user-centered perspective
• Act as "go to" with in-depth knowledge of user interface best practices and standards. User research-related services, theories and methods to support recommendations
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative oil and gas company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply online via the 'Apply' button.Posted 8 days ago Apply Now