Who We Are
Cobalt (cobalt.io) is a fast growing cybersecurity start-up headquartered in San Francisco. Cobalt is providing a Pentest as a Service platform which leverages the sharing economy to find global security talent to help secure companies and their users. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base and a global outlook. Our offices in San Francisco, Berlin, and remote roles are characterized by a fun, fast-paced and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
All organisations need security testing for their software and we are building the world’s largest and smartest pentest management platform to help solve this challenge at scale.
As Visual Designer for our Visitor Experience team you will work closely with Marketing and Security to create a compelling experience on the cobalt.io website to convert visitors into customers and researchers into Cobalt pentesters. Your other stakeholders for the cobalt.io website will be People, Operations and Product.
You will weave iconography, typography, color, space and texture together to clearly communicate our product offering and reinforce the Cobalt brand. You will utilize your UX skills to incorporate user and stakeholder feedback into designs and flows optimised for conversion.
As a member of the Product team, you will work alongside the rest of the Design team, Product Management and Engineering to execute.
What You Would Do
As a member of a growing team of product designers you will:
- Help marketing, product managers and engineers define both the long-term strategy and the short term tactics for the cobalt.io website.
- Work closely with your fellow designers to develop and expand product design systems.
- Work closely with your fellow designers to align and build a coherent user interface that aligns with the Cobalt brand.
- Apply user-centered design principles to produce high-quality visuals - from concept to execution.
- Utilize your illustration skills to create updated graphics for use on the website and for Marketing campaigns.
- Work in a highly collaborative manner with the product and engineering teams to execute.
- Consider all parts of the experience, from copy to animations to the business model, when designing.
- Review and ensure work done by outside agencies meet Cobalt design standards.
- Work alongside the product design team to improve and refresh the user interface of our main application.
- Work alongside Marketing to evolve the cobalt.io website.
You Must Have
- 3+ years experience in Visual Design role or UI role. Experience in the security industry a plus. Experience in fast-growing software companies an additional plus.
- BA/BS degree in Design (E.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product), HCI or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary UX and/or product teams.
- Experience implementing visual design systems across a range of platforms in an iterative software development environment.
- Strong customer and stakeholder empathy backed by user research.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. You’re skilled in explaining your work, process, and decisions and crave feedback to help you produce your best work,.
- Strong bias for action, creative thinking, innovation and data-driven design decision-making.
- A can-do attitude and ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Experience working with design software tools and services such as Sketch, Invision, Abstract, the Adobe Creative Cloud suite. (Bonus: Canva)
- Experience with agile software development with familiarity with Jira and Confluence.
- Experience working with global team members.
Nice to Have
- List any requirements or skills that would be above and beyond what is needed for the position
Why You Should Join Us
- Opportunity to join and grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry
- Competitive compensation & attractive equity plan
- Flexible paid time-off, remote work, & travel policies
- Regularly planned team outings and company events
- Paid lunch 3x/week
- Pet-friendly offices