Team Lead Product Designer (m/f)
Are you up for a successful grown-up start-up headquartered in Berlin-Friedrichshain?
smava is one of the biggest FinTech employers and has received several awards, including the price for Innovator 2019 and the Top Employer 2019. Our company grows by 80 percent each year – become part of the smava story now! And let us grow together.
We are, smava – the online credit comparison platform. We make loans transparent, fair and cheap!
Join one of the most well-funded FinTech companies in the field of B2C financial market as part of our Design Team. User Centered Design and Interaction Design are more than just buzzwords to you? Perfect! We got something to offer and move you to the next level.
Team Lead Product Designer (m/f)THE OPPORTUNITY
Are you looking to step up your design career? smava, one of the most successful German FinTech start-ups, wants to go to the next level and is looking for you!
The smava Design Team works closely with product managers, developers, business intelligence and web analytics in cross-functional teams to discover new products and to find best solutions on already existing ones observing user behaviors and understanding their needs and motivations. smava Design Team is the advocate for User Centered Design, spreading this mindset across the company. Additionally we are developing the next level experience for our customers of the future and you could have a high impact on this challenge.
The individuals and teams are given as much as autonomy as possible so they can innovate quickly. Besides creating, learning and innovating you will actually have a lot of fun at work :)Daily business tasks
- Manage and lead the design team (which is distributed cross-functional teams)
- Take care of a good team spirit and collaboration
- Provide designers access to data either directly or indirectly to validate their designs
- Collaborate with product management, product & graphic design, research, marketing, business and engineering to define and implement innovative and beautiful but practical solutions for the product direction based on user & business problems
- Understand the business goals and specifications of the product and make sure the designers are aware of it
- Constantly iterate and improve the process between product owners, engineers, and designers in product
- Bring the best usability patterns based on user psychology to practice
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends
- Lead the design vision for the entire product lifecycle in cooperation with our CPO
- Take care of an intuitive UX including the IA, usability and visual hierarchy
- Provide tools, processes and the environment for storefront designers to design with instinct and prove it with data
- Make use of our identified target audiences, their pain points and JTBD
- Implement a strong and open feedback loop
- Establish a fully accepted design QA process
- Have weekly exchanges to discuss upcoming prototypes, ideas or other WIP tasks
- Encourage designers to remove the fear of failure and always keep exploring
- Be the product owner of our Design System and make sure every asset, component, and principles are used in the product and brand
smava Product Designers work closely with other designer peers, product managers and developers in strong, agile teams to provide solutions to business requirements through understanding user needs and motivations.
As the Team Lead Product Design you will take part on our product’s cycle to improve it and to strengthen your skills by working in different areas.Here’s some skills you’re good at
- With around 5+ years of experience in hand, you're very good at churning out great user experiences and also tweak the existing ones
- Excellent UX and good UI design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- You have at least 2 years of experience in managing and leading a design team
- You take feedbacks with the right spirit and also give out constructive ones
- You can be the go-to/super sweet/helpful person who fosters collaboration with others
- You are the gatekeeper/Gandalf of great design. Nothing ok-ok shall pass you
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest design trends, techniques, and technologies
- Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, media technology or related
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- An exciting opportunity in an innovative and fast-growing Fintech company
- Signing bonus, because every great decision should be rewarded
- Relocation bonus (in case you are relocating to Berlin)
- Onboarding support (e.g. assistance visa application/work permit, German health insurance, accommodation)
- Paid education (e. g. trainings, workshops, conferences)
- Employer-funded pension
- Subsidized Lunch offer (smunch.co) and subsidized public transport ticket (VBB Umweltkarte)
- Discounted fitness offers close to the office
- Flexible working hours
- German courses
- Brown Bag Lunches, Hackathons, Beer Friday, Cookie Friday, Mystery Lunch, Breakfast Club and team events
- Open communication, flat hierarchy and fast execution
- Smart colleagues from all around the world (30+ nationalities)
- Choice between Mac or Windows laptop
- CV, salary expectations and the earliest starting date addressed to Natalia Nehring (030 617 48 00 14)
- In case you are not an EU citizen, we also need copies of your academic degree & valid passport
- If you already have a Blue Card, Visa or Work Permit, please let us know
Note that it will be difficult to proceed with your application without the documents mentioned above.
Posted 9 days ago