Senior Product Designer (m/f)
Are you up for a successful grown-up start-up headquartered in Berlin-Friedrichshain?
smava is one of the biggest fintech employers and has received several awards, including the price for Innovator 2019 and the Top Employer 2019. Our company grows by 80 % each year – become part of the smava story now! And let us grow together.
We are, smava – the online credit comparison. We make loans transparent, fair and cheap!
Join one of the most well-funded FinTech companies in the field of B2C financial market as part of our Tech team. User Centered Design and Interaction Design are more than just buzzwords to you? Perfect! We got something to offer and move you to the next level.
Senior Product Designer (m/f)
Are you looking to step up your design career? smava, one of the most successful German FinTech start-ups, wants to go to the next level and is looking for you!
The smava Design Team works closely with product managers, developers, business intelligence and web analytics in cross-functional teams to discover new products and to find best solutions on already existing ones observing user behaviors and understanding their needs and motivations. smava Design Team is the advocate for User Centered Design, spreading this mindset across the company. Additionally, we are developing the next level experience for our customers of the future, and you could have a high impact on this challenge.
The individuals and teams are given as much as autonomy as possible, so they can innovate quickly. Besides creating, learning and innovating you will also have a lot of fun at work :)
What will you do at smava?
smava Product Designers work closely with other designer peers, product managers and developers in strong, agile teams to provide solutions to business requirements through understanding user needs and motivations.
As Senior Product Designer (m/f) you will take part on different projects and challenges, carrying out on a specific mission. When you join us, you will take part at our product’s cycle to improve it and to strengthen your skills by working in different areas.
Daily business tasks:
- Collaborating with product management, UXD, graphic design, research, marketing and engineering to define and implement innovative visual solutions for the product direction
- Conceptualizing original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Make sure that all customer facing products look and feel consistent
- Design Quality Assurance
- Be the guardian of our (product) design guidelines and create best practices
- Product Discovery - Discover the right product and user problems
- Prototyping (methods, different fidelity for different situation, interactive prototyping)
- Reduce and assess UX risk and support Product Managers to reduce value risk based on data
- State hypotheses and define the right interaction model and evaluate its success
- Understand product specifications and user psychology
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends
- Selecting the right design patterns and taking care of the information architecture
Here’s some skills you’re good at:
- With around 5+ years of experience in hand, you're very good at churning out great user experiences and also tweaking the existing ones
- Fluent in English and German
- Excellent UI and UX design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction while paying attention to details no matter what screen size is required
- The future you is a leader and a mentor
- You take feedbacks with the right spirit and also give out constructive ones
- You can be the go-to/super sweet/helpful person who fosters collaboration with others
- You are the gatekeeper/Gandalf of great design. Nothing ok-ok shall pass you
- You have a good understanding of HTML and CSS
- Solid experience in creating prototypes and final designs for desktop and mobile websites
- Proficiency in Illustrator, Sketch, Abstract or other visual design and prototyping tools
- Motion design skills are a plus
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up to date with the latest design trends, techniques, and technologies
- Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, media technology or related
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
What we offer
- Signing bonus, because every great decision should be rewarded
- Relocation bonus (in case you are relocating to Berlin)
- Development opportunity to lead an Intern, Requirement Analyst or Junior PM
- An exciting opportunity in an innovative and fast-growing Fintech company
- Paid education (e.g. trainings, workshops, conferences)
- Employer-funded pension
- Subsidized lunch offer (smunch.co) and subsidized public transport ticket (VBB Umweltkarte)
- Discounted fitness offers close to the office
- Flexible working hours
- Language courses
- Brown Bag Lunches, Hackathons, Beer Friday, Cookie Friday, Mystery Lunch and team events
- Open communication, flat hierarchy and fast execution
- Smart colleagues from all around the world (35+ nationalities)
- Choice between Mac or Windows laptop
- CV, salary expectations and earliest starting date addressed to Natalia Nehring (030 - 6174800 -14)
- In case you are not an EU citizen speaking fluent German, we also need a copy of your academic degree & valid passport
- If you already have a Blue Card, Visa or Work Permit, please let us know
Note that it will be difficult to proceed with your application without the documents mentioned above.