Senior Product Designer
At Caffeine, we want to change how people consume live television - making it more friendly, connected, and fun. To do this, we’re building a new social broadcasting platform that features world-class content, easy-to-use broadcasting tools, a social and fun viewing experience, and an engaged broadcaster community.
This is an exciting and enormous challenge and we will only be successful if we build a supportive team. To do this, we believe that our teams need to prioritize delighting our community of viewers and broadcasters, work with intention, take ownership of our commitments, and act with resilience and determination.
We are looking for someone to play a key role in building the leading product and community for social broadcasting. We are a product focused company that values user experience, being entrepreneurial, and being kind. We want someone who cares deeply about design, is enthusiastic about live, interactive, and social experiences, and is driven to build the absolute best-in-class product.
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer who will be immersed in every aspect of the product development process. You will own projects end-to-end – from idea conception, research, and wireframing, all the way to visual execution, marketing, and development support. Your main focus will be crafting creative, delightful, and intuitive experiences into new features and delivering those to our community of broadcasters and viewers alike.
What You'll Do:
- Design user interfaces and flows that demonstrate a high level of craft and thoughtfulness about the holistic product experience. Explore ideas at high-fidelity from initial concept to a series of pragmatic design deliveries. Present well-rationalized solutions, comfortably discussing pros and cons of any approach.
- Own features and experiences end-to-end. Provide solutions for the ideal case, edge cases and transitional states in your work. Connect your work to product goals and look for new benefits to your solutions along the way. Be the main point of contact and guide for engineering in the path to a high quality user experience.
- Develop, demonstrate and drive best practices on the design team. Find inventive ways of solving problems while leveraging innovations by teammates, and push your patterns to scale for other uses as well.
- Delight the user and deliver user value. Balance our design principles with our company goals and find creative ways to embody them in the work.
- Dedicatedly keep product and engineering informed of design progress and solicit input throughout the journey. Our engineering and product partners provide us with information to help us make better design decisions. Actively engaging them in concept development, iteration, delivery and implementation quality is a key part of this role.
Who You Are & What You've Done:
- A passionate designer with strong foundations. You've built great consumer products in the past and possess strong visual and user interface design skills, as well as user-centered design principles. While exercising a good eye for aesthetics, you are able to grasp and distill highly complex issues and translate them into clean, focused, understandable solutions.
- Detail-oriented. You have an affinity for consistency, color-use, typography, and a keen eye for subtle details. You know when to push the boundaries of the interface guidelines. The details matter, and you are committed to getting it done right.
- An end-to-end thinker. You can craft and deliver high-level user stories, stateful flows, wireframes, prototypes, design mockups, specs, and production assets.
- Expert. You have worked directly with engineers and designers in product design roles for 5+ years. You demonstrate fluency with Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other design and prototyping tools.
- An effective communicator. You share your design thinking by stating upfront the design goals and user flows you are solving for. You convey your opinions to peers respectfully, candidly and with clear expertise.
- User-centric. You are the voice that always puts the user first. You constantly look for ways that we can accomplish our objectives through experiences that are enjoyable and meaningful for real people.
- Accountable. You possess a natural tendency to take initiative and own projects. You learn through critiques, look at any problem from many angles and always seek an excellent outcome that meets constraints, needs and your high standards.
- A lifelong learner. You are consistently looking to develop new skills, adopt new tools, and continuously hone your craft to stay on the cutting edge of product design.
Posted 17 days ago