Homebase helps more than 100,000 local business owners manage their teams. We deliver great scheduling, time keeping, hiring and messaging products to our customers and their teams so that they can spend more building successful businesses.
What will you do?
As an early member of a growing product and design team, you’ll work closely with our founders, product and engineering teams to shape the future of our company. You will be key in building the team, as well as in helping to develop the design culture and product vision at Homebase.
We're a collaborative group, guided by an iterative design process. We’re constantly evolving our entire product suite across web and mobile. We are looking for a product designer that is passionate about solving problems and is also constantly striving to push their own limits in finding creative solutions.
Who are you?
- You are a UX designer who can create end-to-end experiences based on data, research and existing patterns.
- You are able to distill complex ideas and workflows into clear, inviting experiences for our customers.
- You are a diligent researcher who talks to customers, potential customers, and technology users. You can stitch together qualitative and quantitative findings into a compelling product experience.
- You are unafraid to generate and share ideas with the team and with customers.
- You value precision, but you can also get good work done quickly.
- You can develop user flows, wireframes and basic designs so we can test & learn quickly.
- You set big goals for yourself and work hard to accomplish them.
- You can live with ambiguity; you know when to ask questions and push against constraints
- You’re an entrepreneurial thinker who wants to have an impact on local businesses and the lives of hourly workers.
- Develop product experiences that make it simple for our non-technical customers to accomplish their work
- Develop sound research & discovery plans that inspire us and make our products better
- Help develop and maintain design languages and systems
- Iterate and establish process changes collaboratively with the team
- Work closely with design, executive, product, and engineering teams to guide projects from conception to implementation
- 4+ years of UX focused product design experience across multiple platforms, preferably in at least one growth-stage company
- Demonstrated ability to lead customer discovery & research efforts
- Ability to clearly articulate your design decisions
- Experience working collaboratively with engineering teams to balance design excellence with user delivery
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent certification
- Proficiency with key design tools - Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch
- Experience working in a local business or hourly job is a big plus
Sound like you?
Along with your resume, include a cover letter telling us why you’re a great fit for Homebase. If you have a portfolio or work or a link to your git repository, we’d love to see it.
This job is based in San Francisco. Relocation and/or remote work are not offered.
Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and their employees. Today, more than 100,000 local businesses and 1,000,000 hourly workers rely on Homebase to better control the hours in their week and the dollars in their pocket. We are in the early stages of what we will accomplish as a company, and we are looking for equally ambitious people to join us. Based in San Francisco and Houston, Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, Khosla Ventures, and Bain Capital Ventures.
We are a values driven group. Our values:
- In Service - we take our commitment to our customers and each other very seriously.
- No Day Wasted - we are moving fast and encouraging each other to do our best work.
- Purple Standard - we always ask ourselves if we’ve done our best work for our customers.
We embrace diversity and are serious about building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, experiences, perspectives and skills. We know that an inclusive, respectful workplace makes us stronger and better.
Homebase is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, sex, protected veteran status, or disability.
Posted 11 days ago