Senior Web Designer
This senior level design position is looking for someone obsessed with user experience, loves to dive into unknown territory and invent simple, elegant solutions to complex challenges. You will own projects from concept to execution, and you will collaboratively influence other teams to have a broad impact across our web spaces. Your work will focus on mobile first, but you should be passionate about expanding features to create true multi-device experiences that moves with the customer from one device to another.
You'll be responsible to work closely with a team of designers, developers, researchers, and skilled marketers working collaboratively to increase performance and bring data-driven solutions to life.
- Create user-focused designs informed by market analysis, customer feedback, and requirements, and user research analytics that are focused on improving the user experience and increasing conversions.
- Design wireframes, mock-ups and click-through prototypes as necessary for each product.
- Create key design deliverables specific to each product, such as scenarios and use-cases.
- Assume responsibility for design outcomes and goal accomplishment.
- Communicate and manage project process and timeline with the development team, project managers, and project leads.
- Continually pursue customer satisfaction with usability studies and testing.
- Design modern looking, high-converting landing pages, ads, and calls to action.
- Help review and provide feedback to other designers working on the same projects.
- Come up with and help plan out design goals for weekly and quarterly projects.
- 4+ years experience in UX/UI design for web
- A solid and up-to-date understanding of best practices, developments, and trends in web and mobile design practices.
- Ability to create engaging custom illustrations and other visual assets
- Strong track record of quickly delivering effective designs for multiple devices and screen sizes
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects at one time
- Comfortable sharing design work early and often
- Strong knowledge of UX principles and best practices, including understanding when and where user testing and research should be incorporated into the product design process
- Strong experience putting together high fidelity designs using Sketch and Adobe CC
- Proven understanding of usability testing and methodologies
- Strong proficiency in using whiteboarding, sketching on pencil and paper, using post-it notes, wireframes, or other forms of low-fidelity design to validate assumptions and communicate with stakeholders
- Ability to communicate effectively and collaborate with team members
- Experience conducting stakeholder interviews and keeping them informed throughout the design process
- Ability to prioritize and make decisions quickly
- Familiarity with developing user journeys and personas and using them to make effective design decisions
- A solid portfolio that can speak to both your UX and visual design skills. To be considered, please include a short summary of current work that you have completed with example URLs.
- Experience working with a design system is a plus
Benefits and Perks
Healthcare: Nothing is more important than our health. That’s why we offer generous medical, dental and vision benefits, plus an Employee Assistance Plan, to all full-time employees.
Generous PTO: We refresh PTO banks at the start of the calendar year and let folks use it how they desire. We open up full access to PTO at 90 days and provide our new rocketeers early access to some of their PTO from day one!
Paid Holidays: We celebrate most major holidays (and Black Friday!) — and also give everyone the end of the year off (paid), starting Dec. 24!
Working from Home: Launch That has a robust work from home policy that encourages you to work with your manager on what works for you and your role, without negatively impacting your productivity!
Casual workplace: From flip-flops, blue jeans, t-shirts and ball caps to air hockey, ping pong, video games, card games and Nerf guns. We aim to produce the best work, we collaborate in a fun way, and celebrate when it pays off.
Quarterly Culture Bonus: As a thank you to our employees - we provide a quarterly bonus as a perk that can be used any way desired!
Snacks and Games: Our snack bar has plenty of chips, cookies, gum and fruit, and we have unlimited soda and coffee in the kitchen. Our break rooms feature an Xbox, video arcade, air hockey, ping pong, shuffleboard and more.
Matching 401(k): Employees who work here one year are eligible to join a matching 401(k) retirement plan, which has immediate 100-percent vesting. Your savings add up fast!