The Senior Designer position is a part of the wider in-house creative team and is responsible for experienced execution of the full design process, with the goal of elevating representation of FMI’s portfolio of products. The focus of the role is on both internally and externally facing projects, and in particular design which represents products to the wider industry. The incumbent completes their work in close collaboration with the full team by clearly and accurately communicating complex concepts through creative design. As a Senior team member, the incumbent leverages an advanced skillset.
- Partner and regularly meet with the Creative Director, Art Director and other Designers on defining high-level creative vision, aesthetic direction, and execution of FMI’s brand.
- Communicate creative vision and conceptual design pitches to internal clients and external production resources through the use of InDesign presentations.
- Conceptualize and generate creative collateral (printed, digital and experiential) for campaigns that market our products to customers, doctors, patients, caregivers and corporate partners.
- Generate compelling pitch decks that effectively sell ideas to internal stakeholders.
- Conceptualize and produce communications for events and trade shows that bring FMI’s unique brand to life via social media graphics, digital banner ads, photo shoots, video shoots, and in print collateral.
- Conceptualize and generate creative collateral (printed, digital, and experiential) for internal communications campaigns that help energize and align employees.
- Provide contributions to designated design workflows from concept to production, including:
- Identification of budgetary or resource requirements.
- Concept illustration and draft preparations including a variety of art arrangements, sizes, and styles.
- Proposal submission.
- Coordination with applicable internal or external teams.
- Operation of equipment and software for project execution.
- Design amendments per customer feedback evaluation process.
- Produce visual assets including infographics, web graphics, display ads, social posts, microsites, tradeshow booth designs, posters, event concepts, case studies, consumer activation ideas, and other experiential assets.
- Provide clear, thorough feedback to internal and external creative resources in meetings and as otherwise is needed within design processes.
- Conceptualize and direct photo shoots that reflect FMI’s brand strategy and that visualize doctors and patients in an impactful, unique way.
- Help execute & maintain Brand Visual Centers as creative resources for our agencies and global partners.
- Monitor and report on trends in design, environments, technology and art that keep our brand in the lead as a creative, innovative and consumer-relevant experience.
- Provide leadership and creative direction to less experienced designers.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5 years of professional graphic design experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design.
- Expertise in graphic design and proven ability to apply and perform skills including layout, typography, ideation, sketching, photography, spacing and scale, and visual presentation development.
- Strong knowledge of and demonstrated excellence in use of Adobe Creative Suite.
- A compelling portfolio showing a mastery of graphic design and diversity of styles.
- Strong brand experience including development of creative programs from concept to execution.
- Expert design eye and impeccable attention to detail.
- History of successful design within a rapidly changing, high-growth environment.
- Demonstrated ability of a strong work ethic and of meeting project deadlines.
- Capability to adapt to challenges in a changing work environment with ambiguity.
- Organizational skills to manage multiple competing priorities, demands, and changes all within fast turnaround times.
- Strong listening and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills that include excellent skills in written communication, oral communication, collaboration, and problem solving with other departments and colleagues – both internally and externally.
- Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Passion for mentoring, motivating and leading.
- Resourcefulness and willingness to ask questions