What we do
Kognitiv is paving the way for the next era in B2B collaborative commerce - enabling consumer and hospitality brands to engage deeply and securely with their customer base. Brands can collaborate with suppliers and value-added partners, providing customers with personalized experiences.
We have created new distribution applications designed on the principles of effective commerce: value discovery, collaboration, trade and personalization. The network uses machine learning and distributed applications to analyse consumer behaviour data and identify profitable opportunities for brands and partners to leverage.
These opportunities are packaged and marketed to consumers through complete programs, backed by Kognitiv’s technology resources, applications, and expertise.
About the role
We currently have a brand new and exciting role as Visual Designer to come and join our downtown Toronto team.
Sitting in our growing Toronto based team, you will report into our Design Strategy Director. In this role, you will leverage your strong grasp of typography, colour, imagery, copy writing and branding to create irresistible digital interfaces that bring our vision to life for each of our clients!
You will partner with our business development team to tailor our product according to the needs, customers, brand and personality of every one of our clients.
Along the way, the Visual Designer will collaborate with our UX and product designers to drive our visual language forward and inform the next generation of our products.
Your main areas of responsibilities are (but not be limited to):
- Work with our sales and business development teams to understand the needs of each client and identify solutions
- Produce and refine high fidelity mock-ups and prototypes to communicate solutions to clients and investors
- Continuously discover opportunities to optimize the visual modularity and robustness our product
- Work closely with our UX and product teams to develop and refine our design system and technology
- Contribute toward the standardization, maintenance and advancement of our design system source files and templates
- Partner with our communications designer to create unforgettable client presentations and sales materials
Who are you?
To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone who is passionate about travel and who brings a positive and energetic approach to the role. You work well independently but are also a strong a motivating member of a team and you are not scared of rolling up your sleeves and getting stuck in.
You have extensive experience in a wide variety of related products or channels that exist as a part of a wider solution and your deep understanding or responsive design principles will be key.
The ideal candidate comes has experience from consumer e-commerce and your attention to detail is second to none: through careful review and proofreading, you consistently produce accurate and high-quality work. Equally, your ability to emphatically understand your audience and design accordingly will be vital.
- Must have portfolio link on resume
- 5+ years of experience as a visual, UX, UI or graphic designer
- Outstanding visual design skills with demonstrated expertise in applying principles of composition, colour and typography
- Excellent writing and speaking skills with a proven ability to communicate design rationale and rapidly iterate with stakeholders
- Portfolio and work samples including sketches, high-fidelity user interfaces, personas, flows and interactive prototypes
- Extensive experience in the application of brand materials and guidelines
- Mastery of Sketch and Adobe design tools including Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS and JS
NB: Please ensure you have included your portfolio link
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and submit your CV and portfolio
We are an energetic, innovative organization with 247 employees globally and we are looking for exceptional people to come and join us. This is an exciting opportunity to work for an international business, in a high energy environment with a collaborative, smart and passionate team. If you like the sound of us and the role; get in touch!
Here at Kognitiv, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it! Greater diversity means greater variation in ways of thinking, perspectives and approach. And we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and our clients. Kognitiv are committed to creating an inclusive environment and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, fit and business need.
Please note: Kognitiv are not offering sponsorship or a relocation package for this role. We always welcome international candidates to apply providing they are eligible to work and live in Canada.
Posted 23 days ago