Senior UX Designer
CNN Digital is hiring a Senior UX Designer! You will be a member of CNN’s world-class Digital News Platform and Services team (DNPS), which is responsible for creating industry-leading storytelling tools.
As a senior member of the DNPS product design team, you have the opportunity to re-imagine the content publishing platform that powers the connection between our journalists and our audiences. We are in the early stages of discovery for this new product, and you will have a lot of influence over the future of the tools.
You will drive early-stage user interviews, feature discovery, wireframes and usability testing. You will collaborate with talented members of a cross-functional team made of product managers, engineers, and editorial partners to create efficient workflows and intuitive storytelling tools, while building a best-in-class platform.
The Senior UX Designer will work out of our brand-new Hudson Yards location in Midtown West.
- Create workflows, wireframes, design mockups and prototypes to effectively conceptualize product features.
- Conduct regular user research sessions with editorial users.
- Perform usability tests and draw insights to make informed recommendations.
- Collaborate with Product, Tech and Delivery.
- Play a role in shaping the future of CNN’s publishing platform by collaborating with stakeholders and team members to brainstorm new features and functionalities.
- 5+ years experience as an UX designer in Digital Media/Technology industries.
- Proficiency in design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Invision, Zeplin.
- Experience with supporting a distributed team.
- Ability to develop insightful and engaging presentations and other methods for communicating insights across multiple levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and nimble environment which can pivot very quickly to reflect the changing needs of the company or industry.
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong work ethic, integrity and collaborative approach to work
- Enterprise application or platform experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in UX design, interaction design, or equivalent professional experience.