Coffee Meets Bagel's mission is to create real connections that inspire personal growth. It is the dating app that treats people like people. Instead of asking you to swipe through infinite profiles, our smart algorithm curates only your best matches and sends them to you once daily. Our "slow dating" approach emphasizes savoring each real connection—and even finding delight in the journey. Globally, CMB has sparked thousands of lasting relationships. We were named one of the "Top 10 Dating Apps" by Time Magazine, and "Best App If You're Trying to Marie Kondo Your Dating Life" by Women's Health.
Coffee Meets Bagel is looking for a passionate, talented Product Designer to help design the future of dating. This person will bring a unique perspective on the biggest customer pain points within the world of dating and will be responsible for executing on all stages of the design process for both iOS and Android platforms: product thinking, flows, wireframes, user testing, prototypes, visual design, animation, and spec and asset production. Designers at CMB solve complex problems by identifying key issues and collaborating with cross-functional teams (product, marketing, engineering) to develop solutions which are achievable in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Work cross-functionally with product managers, designers, marketers, and engineers to provide key user insights from research that will help define the product roadmap and drive the creation of engaging, high-quality, global user experiences
- Lead relevant and thoughtful conversations within cross-functional teams to promote design-thinking and customer-centric culture
- Own the design process from end to end: identify important people problems, take designs from early concepts to pixel-perfect final production, and incorporate user research, prototypes, and quantitative data to inform decision making along the way
- Produce lo-fi and hi-fi mobile designs while advocating for, iterating upon, and delivering high-impact design solutions in line with business goals
- 2+ years mobile design experience
- Knowledge of Sketch, Adobe CC, and at least one prototyping tool such as Origami, Framer X, InVision, etc.
- Knowledge of asset production workflow and design standards across iOS, Android, and Web
- Excellent organization and presentation skills to structure design proposals and documentation in a way that can be easily understood and modified by others
- Systems-thinker with the ability to go beyond the pixels and design with genuine human interactions in the offline world in mind (e.g. real people going on real dates)
- An advocate for high-impact design culture: relishes giving and receiving feedback, understands the art of constructive, ego-less design critique, and seeks feedback from customers and coworkers in order to constantly raise the quality bar
- Have shipped product
- 4+ years of design experience, with at least 2+ years designing for mobile devices
- Bachelor's degree in design, human factors, fine art, or related field
- Experience working with a design system; its curation, maintenance, and dissemination
- Experience with After Effects, Lottie, and the application of motion design within a mobile environment
- Experience designing for an international audience
- Experience working with remote teams
Posted 19 days ago