UX UI Designer
Do you love designing great experiences for the web? Or getting lost in the details of micro-interactions? How about creating a site that solves both user and business goals? If these things speak your language, then we’d love to talk to you!
We are looking for a UX/UI Designer to join our team in Edelman’s DC office. You will gain hands-on experience in creating and evolving high-profile client web properties.
To be successful in this role, you should have experience with design software and wireframe tools as well as a portfolio of professional design projects. You’ll analyze websites as well as create functional and creative designs that address our clients’ needs and help us grow client relationships. The ideal candidate for this role will have equal interest in both visual (UI) design and user experience.
You will join a team of technical leads and developers, along with a powerful network of partners and freelancers, who have developed numerous high-profile campaign websites, Fortune 50 company intranets, and unique applications and experiences. You will work strategically, translating business goals into user-centric solutions, contributing to client presentations, collaborating with strategy & planning leads, producing competitive analyses, designing websites that are both beautiful and functional and more.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with technical project managers and developers
- Perform user research, usability testing, comparative/competitive landscape and content audits
- Collaboratively identifying goals that will drive the user experience, user personas, key user journeys and content strategies
- Define site information architecture
- Illustrate design ideas using sitemaps, wireframes and user flows
- Develop fully-realized UI mockups and prototypes that clearly reflect how sites look and function
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
- Collaborate with development team to bring site vision to life
- Perform UX audits and reports on existing websites
- Make proactive recommendations for UX/UI enhancements
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems
- Participate in testing and quality assurance for sites
- Stay abreast of new and innovative trends in the field of user experience
- Push boundaries in the creative product and visual design
- 2+ years of demonstrated UX/UI experience. Interactive agency experience a plus
- Portfolio of UX and design projects that showcases your thinking and process from project conception to completion
- Experience with wireframe tools (e.g. Sketch, InVision or similar)
- Fluently skilled in design software (e.g. Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite)
- Knowledge of user testing methodology and/or software (e.g. Optimal Workshop, User Testing, Crazy Egg or similar)
- Ability to produce effective wireframes and prototypes to communicate ideas to others
- Ability to produce polished visual design mockups a must
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Good time-management skills
- Ability to work independently and think of solutions proactively
- Degree or Certification in Design, User Experience, Human-Computer Interaction or relevant field
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
Click here to view a short video about life at Edelman.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.Posted 19 days ago Apply Now