Senior Product Designer, Supply Chain
Clutter is an on-demand, technology company based in Los Angeles that is disrupting the $50B/year self-storage and moving industries. We’ve built an end-to-end logistics and supply chain platform, enabling us to offer consumers a much more convenient solution at price parity with the incumbents. We’ve raised $300M from a number of VCs, including Softbank, Sequoia Capital, Atomico and GV (formerly Google Ventures). We have 1,000+ team members and tens of thousands of customers in 7 major markets across the US with plans to be in 50+ markets, domestically and internationally, within the next 5 years!
At Clutter, we're fortunate to be providing a consumer value proposition that people love and one that makes economic sense - a true product/market fit that few startups ever find. To deliver on our promise to consumers, team members and investors, we've focused on hiring, training and retaining exceptional individuals. This means that we have a very thorough interview process and maintain high performance expectations, but we'll always be transparent with you and respectful of your time.
As a Senior Product Designer on the Supply Chain team, you’ll tackle complex challenges with solutions that transcend the screen, touching on physical workflows, in-person communication, and training. You’ll craft solutions that help optimize our operation, making work easier and safer for our teams. As a result, you’ll help us deliver on our promise to Clutter customers: to make their lives easier at otherwise difficult times.
Day to day, you’ll collaborate closely with product managers, engineers, and data analysts to bring products to life. Through insights gained from observation and conversations with different staff members, you’ll advocate for solutions that reduce their issues to help us create an excellent service.
As an early member of the design team, you’ll also have an outsize influence on how design operates at Clutter, helping to create a culture of valuable critique and collaboration.
As a Senior Product Designer, Supply Chain - you will:
- Design strategies and solutions that help us deliver outstanding service by optimizing our operations behind-the-scenes
- Work with small cross-functional teams. You’ll collaborate closely with product, engineering, and data counterparts to find well-considered, effective solutions
- Select and create design artifacts to help unpack and solve complex problems. Such artifacts will include: systems thinking and design (i.e. user journeys, behavior/need mapping), service design maps, design thinking to support automated decision-making, data visualization, internal tools, mobile apps
- Get to know our workforce—including movers, drivers, warehouse workers—to understand and communicate their needs, and design solutions that help them do their jobs safely and effectively
- Consider ethical implications of proposed solutions throughout your design processes
- Establish and iterate on design systems to support rapid design and development
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years experience designing for b2b platforms, internal tools, or other digital products that deliver complex solutions in consumer-grade packages
- A portfolio that demonstrates strength in making complex flows simple and intuitive, with well-documented case studies that step through your thought process
- An inspiring, engaging and clear communication style. Ability to communicate your ideas through design artifacts, written documents, or presentations to gain alignment with your teams. Skill in facilitating brainstorms or design activities to gather input from larger teams.
- Experience in less traditional design spaces, like systems-thinking, design strategy, and/or machine learning
- A data-informed approach to design
- Demonstrated success working with cross-functional groups to ship great work as a team
Clutter is committed to fostering a fair, inclusive, and equal work environment. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities that we serve, where each team member is empowered to come to work as their true self. Diverse teams are more successful, which is why Clutter aims to be a leader in workplace equality and move both our company and the industry forward.