Loftium is a Series A venture-backed Seattle startup that creates affordable homes in high-cost cities for renters who manage an on-site Airbnb. We’re a nimble and capable team that’s fast-paced, experiment driven, diverse, and places a premium on learning, experimentation, and results. We’re also one of the most recognized startups in Seattle (read about us in the New York Times or Geekwire), providing innovative new paths to affordable housing.
About the Role
This is the first dedicated design role at Loftium, and will have an extremely high level of impact, ownership, and growth. We are looking for a designer with deep experience in visual design and storytelling to help shape how we connect and communicate across brand, marketing and product (both online and offline). You will be responsible for leading a brand refresh and driving the ongoing extension of our brand across all user touch points - website, physical goods within our properties’ Airbnb units, emails, blog, social media, and beyond.
This role reports directly to our Cofounder / Head of Product, and will work closely with our Head of Marketing, as well as Operations & Properties team.
- Define, maintain and evolve the visual identity of Loftium across multiple mediums with illustration, icon design, presentations, web design and print design
- Create, maintain and evolve visual design guidelines
- Create and manage asset libraries for reusable, systematic design
- Lead brand refresh
- Create illustrations & visuals to effectively communicate Loftium’s product offerings to renters & landlords
- Help define our brand narrative, style, positioning, and value
- Work closely with Product & Marketing to redesign website, landing pages, conversion funnel, etc
- Create visuals for paid digital campaigns
- Design promotional, seasonal, transactional, and triggered emails
- Design printed collateral for field teams sales / outreach efforts
- You are curious, proactive, and not afraid of failure
- You take great ownership / pride in your work and have an owner’s mindset, naturally identifying areas where design can create value across the business
- You enjoy working cross-functionally and in multiple modalities
- You love consistency, color use, typography, and have a keen eye for subtle details.
- You’re comfortable with ‘MVPs’ and iterating quickly based on input from internal stakeholders
- You’ve worked in a high-growth, faced-paced startup environment and are comfortable with fast-moving priorities and requirements
- You have a knack for communicating complex products / concepts in intuitive, easy to understand and beautiful ways
- You’re comfortable making design decisions based on performance metrics
- You have:
- 3+ years of experience designing for brand marketing, performance marketing, and growth marketing
- 3+ years of experience with user experience and user interface design
- 3+ years experience establishing and expressing brand identity, from understanding strategy to creative interpretation and execution; designing visual identities, defining brand architectures and building clear and useful guidelines for implementation
- BONUS: You have experience in designing physical spaces and/or hospitality design
- BONUS: You have experience with real estate / finance / travel industry
- Submit your resume/CV along with a link to your portfolio (professional work only, no student submissions please)
Posted 27 days ago