Who we are
We're an international creative technology company with offices in Australia and North America. We're a talented and diverse group of creative thinkers, problem solvers, designers, writers, producers and engineers. We work alongside, and embedded within, cultural organisations to help them build people-centric interpretive experiences.
All our projects foreground place, from our ongoing partnership with the Mona museum in Tasmania to our latest immersive audio experiences with the Art Gallery NSW and Smithsonian Institution’s Freer and Sackler Museum. We specialize in creating magical experiences of and about place by seamlessly blending the physical and digital world, connecting people to new ideas derived from their immediate surroundings.
We’re looking for our next designer to join our diverse and multidisciplinary team and bring our product offering to life. You’ll help create innovative and effective content and experience management solutions that empower our wide range of clients to consistently deliver world-class visitor experiences.
It takes a special kind of human...
You’re imaginative yet thorough - balancing creative with the underlying needs of the user. You’ll find a way (or make your own) even when the path isn’t clear. And you’ll keep an acute level of attention to detail the whole way through. You can juggle projects, priorities and workloads, but manage to complete them all with a high level of effectiveness.
While you can put your head down and self-manage through multiple projects at once, you’re just as good at bouncing around ideas, communicating your concepts, and collaborating with the broader team.
We’re an extremely collaborative group, and that’s music to your ears – you are ambitious and humble in equal measure. And you thrive in a team environment.
Some qualities you must possess...
- A well organised self-starter and a creative thinker who excels in digital interface design, not afraid of exploring unconventional design strategies
- A strong command of the craft of design, consistently achieving compelling aesthetic solutions
- A very strong understanding of usability and UX, and the ability to identify issues and come up with potential solutions
- Has a strong interest of how technology & software development functions
- Experience building wireframes and prototypes
- Confident communication skills with the ability to articulate ideas clearly to a variety of different backgrounds
- An ability to collaborate with individuals from various disciplines
- The ability to generate and refine ideas into thoughtful, provocative concepts
- 4+ years professional experience in digital design roles
We promote a friendly, human work environment; providing you with the support, tools and resources to flourish in your role. You'll be able to draw on the support of a widely experienced team while pushing the boundaries of what's possible in your craft while delivering unique experiences to some of the most innovative creative institutions in the world.
In addition to the above, you’ll:
- Have opportunities to continually learn, grow and develop your skills
- Have access to benefits which support your wellbeing
- Be able to work flexibly with access to different leave types and flexible work arrangements
- Be able to work out of a newly renovated office in vibrant Collingwood
At AP we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our clients. We're committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills and creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.Posted 22 days ago Apply Now