Lead UI/UX Designer
Ambient.ai is a stealth AI company headquartered in Palo Alto on a mission to enable intelligent environments that are safe, efficient and sustainable. Our breakthrough technology combines cutting-edge deep learning with a contextual knowledge model to achieve human-like perception ability. Ambient's flagship product has been deployed by multiple Fortune 100 companies to solve a mission-critical problem in a way that has never been possible.
The company was founded in 2017 by experts in artificial intelligence from Stanford University who previously built iconic products at Apple, Google, Microsoft and Dropbox. We are a Series-A company backed by Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), SV Angel, YCombinator, and visionary angels like Jyoti Bansal, Mark Leslie and Elad Gil.
As the Lead UI/UX Designer at Ambient, you’ll be responsible for providing an Ambient-class magical experience to our customers. You will be the first UI/UX designer at Ambient, and, as such, take broad ownership of product design, sales and marketing collateral and branding. You will write and own the visual design language and the user experience for multiple fortune 100 customers. The ideal candidate has an obsession with simplifying complexity and delivering a delightful experience to users. You will also be responsible for growing the UI/UX team as we scale.
- Perform user studies to understand the impact of design and constantly innovate to improve user experience.
- Define product workflows, interactions and UI specifications in close collaboration with product managers and the engineering team.
- Create wireframes, storyboards and sketches to deliver beautiful and intuitive products.
- Develop personas and usage scenarios and conduct usability testing.
- Leadership of UI/UX team, including hiring and mentoring.
- At least 3+ years of UI/UX experience; preferably academic background in art / design. Bonus points for visual design experience for enterprise products.
- High proficiency in popular design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, InVision Studio, Figma, Photoshop and After Effects.
- Ability to apply design principles across web, mobile and native platforms.
- Rich portfolio demonstrating interaction and visual design experience.
- Basic understanding of frontend engineering.
- Strong desire to solve challenging problems, learn new things and wear many hats as part of an early stage company.
- Experience with building a team of UI/UX designers and leading them through complex projects a plus.
Our benefits include:
- Market-competitive salary plus equity
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Catered lunches (3 days/week)
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
- Employee referral bonus program
- Quarterly team off-sites
- Awesome coworkers and prime University Avenue office location
At Ambient.ai, we respect and admire the builders and the creators. Send us your most incredible project; we'd love to see.
Ambient.ai is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.