Senior Graphic Designer
GitHub powers the developer community. Since 2008, our platform has brought people together to collaborate, share ideas, and solve problems to build the future. We’ve enabled over 36 million developers and thousands of businesses to build and share their software projects with people all over the world. From NASA using GitHub to put a rover on Mars to Mailchimp working to improve email, to scientists using GitHub to take the first photograph of a black hole, amazing things happen every day on our platform.
In the midst of all this technological collaboration is a vibrant company culture, and art is at the core of it. It not only provides a fun work environment for our fellow Hubbers, but also delights our developer audience and inspires our largest enterprise customers. With your help we’ll continue building our team into an artistic powerhouse.
We’re growing our Design team at GitHub to creatively solve some of GitHub’s largest business challenges. We support the entire customer journey through a combination of data, instinct, and craft to increase brand awareness and affinity, build consideration and drive sales. We believe the best design has a positive impact on a person’s life, so we put an empathetic understanding at the heart of everything we do.
We’re looking for curious, talented communication/visual designers interested in building the GitHub brand with exceptional online and offline campaign experiences. We’re seeking conceptual thinkers with exceptional design skills to bring the biggest ideas to life while staying flexible in managing the fast-moving day-to-day design workload. You’ll work closely with your fellow designers and artists to collaborate with teams across marketing and all of GitHub to create integrated, effective projects.
- Assist in translating marketing objectives into clear creative strategies and enable them to tell inspiring stories that drive measurable impact.
- Interpreting and defining a creative vision that meets business needs.
- Help lead and mentor more junior designers.
- Understand and appreciate strategy, defining brand characteristics, and help in establishing and documenting a vision for an entire company.
- Distill the essence of our company’s personality into visual communications that connect with customers.
- Interpret technical features into easy to understand visual designs that effectively solve business problems.
- Obsess about typography, imagery, the interplay between words and pictures, and how all of this tells a story appropriate to the brand and our products
- Develop product and service communications such as printed collateral,, email notifications and headers, event branding and signage, marketing collateral, sales support information, website product and landing pages and much more.
- Collaborate with product designers, web designers, and engineers to ensure the coherence of our end-to-end brand experience.
- Contribute strategically and in the execution of our work, while educating internal teams on the importance of brand strategy to ensure consistency across all platforms.
- Lead creative solutions across the customer journey, from brand awareness to purchase decision
- Minimum of 8–10 years experience; contributing to multiple omni-channel projects that ladder up to a larger creative strategy and business context
- Doer and leader, with a desire to understand the business context of your work
- Experience in developing the process/approach for tackling problems
- Strong facilitation and listening skills
- Possess strong empathy and compassion
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
- Ability to self-manage and prioritize
- Online portfolio demonstrating strong conceptual thinking and a variety of projects, as well as an understanding of design principles
- Familiar with technology-driven creative environments
- Understanding of and appreciation of global B2B or SAAS businesses
- Self starter and egoless collaborator
Posted about 1 month ago