Senior Visual Designer
Senior Visual Designer
3-month contract to hire
Aura (recently rebranded from Insikt) is a financial technology company that provides small, affordable loans to working families in America. We give our customers access to fairly priced credit and we help them build up their credit scores. We have raised over $100M to date from investors including First Mark Capital, Revolution Ventures and Coppell Capital. We have been named to the INC 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in America, American Banker’s 2019 Best Places to Work in Financial Technology and we are ranked #23 on the San Francisco Business Times’ Top 100 Fastest Growing Private Companies.
- We are fighting for economic justice.
- Aura is focused on helping real people in communities that have been neglected, forgotten or actively exploited by predatory lenders.
- We are not making products for the 1%. We are making products for millions of hard-working Americans who don’t have access to affordable credit.
- We believe in people’s potential.
- We believe that when the communities we serve succeed, we succeed.
- Amazing people and technology are at the heart of our mission.
- We are growing. Our product works. If you are interested in being a part of this, then we want to talk to you!
What we are looking for at Aura:
We’re looking for a passionate visual designer to help Aura on our mission to provide financial justice to the underbanked community. You’ll work on both product and marketing design touching on research, prototyping, branding, print design and user experience. You will lead projects, working in an exciting mission-driven environment. Our ideal candidate cares about social impact, has strong design ethics, and believes in radical collaboration.
What you’ll do on a daily basis:
- Help build the Aura brand.
- Adapt and build on Aura’s brand and design system
- Create branding, visual and UI assets and experiences including print marketing, landing pages, display ads, email newsletters, presentation decks, illustrations, and animations
- Think creatively and be able to drive new ways to visually support everything from broad strategic concepts to design functionality
- Work with other UI/UX and marketing designers to evolve the visual expression of our brand and keep it up to date.
- Collaborate with an agile interdisciplinary team including engineers, designers, product managers, marketers, and strategists.
- Portfolio of work.
- Visual Design degree, 2-3 years (additional) working experience in related fields, or training equivalent preferred.
- Expertise using Adobe CS, specifically Photoshop and Illustrator
- Strong sense of design principles, typography, layout, and conceptual skills
- Experience designing for responsive web and native mobile applications
- Excellent verbal communication skills in expressing design decisions to your team members
- Approach problem solving with a positive attitude and eagerness to collaborate with your teammates
- Strategic thinking in branding principles, marketing, and graphic design
- Bonus: If you speak Spanish since a majority of our customers are Spanish speaking.
- Bonus: If you have strong visual design skills.
What we offer:
- English & Spanish classes
- Yoga classes at the office
- Convenient location in Downtown San Francisco a few blocks from Montgomery BART
- Company commitment to diversity and inclusion - Employees from 50+ countries.
Posted 27 days ago