As a Visual Designer at The Studio, our ideal candidate takes pride in designing collaboratively visual languages, systems and brands that appeal to a broad audience. You’re passionate about design, and your eye for detail inspires other designers, engineers, and product owners.
As a member of the Ventures Studio, you’ll work in a hands-on, collaborative environment in pursuing high priority growth areas for the company, where value will only be unlocked through fresh thinking, thoughtful design, smart testing, iteration, and improvement. You’ll work closely with a range of internal and external partners to design use cases that illustrate the power of partnership—extending and embedding the value Citi creates for customers through new paths to market.
As we are an early-stage and small team, everyone in the team is also involved in shaping the way Studio operates, which might be an interesting opportunity if you are looking to grow leadership muscles.
About Citi Ventures Studio
Citi Ventures’ mission is to drive customer-focused innovation and cultural transformation that delivers new growth and value for Citi. As the incubator of Citi Ventures, Studio develops collaborative solutions that drive economic vitality for people, businesses, and cities.
We are a small team of friendly, talented and ambitious product managers, designers, software engineers and data scientists working in a high-visibility environment for Citi global organization, with a focus that goes beyond traditional banking and financial. Our team members come from top companies and agencies such as IDEO, Google, Facebook, Mozilla, Venmo, etc. If you are tired of working at features’ level and on small tasks, and looking to tackle meaningful work to help increase economic vitality in the US for middle and low-income classes, this might be the right place for you.
At Studio, we explore the interrelation between three categories of economic vitality:
- The Future of Work: how can we help people achieve upward mobility in an increasingly volatile and uncertain job market?
- Inclusive Entrepreneurship: how can we support diverse entrepreneurs in creating the companies and jobs of tomorrow?
- City and Growth: how can we help cities build on their local strengths to attract and develop the talent, ideas, and resources needed for growth?
- You can work across brand identity, art direction and visual design for screens, print and storytelling.
- You can work collaboratively with product designers to iteratively define and apply visual language to our products, as well as providing art and creative direction to product marketing campaigns.
- You are fluent in UX and appreciate / can contribute to the various aspects of digital product design
- You can think in terms of designing systems.
- You have experience creating a product-driven brand that can also be extended to different media, including art / creative direction for product marketing and social media.
- You take ownership over your work, you can see the big picture and obsess over details.
- You constantly push your limits and search for opportunities to become better.
- Your team collaboration skills are excellent, and you thrive in an iterative environment with short feedback loops.
- You can prioritize multiple projects at once and stay organized.
- You have a passion for design, an eye for detail, and excellent written and communication skills.
- You know all key tools and can be flexible based on needs and evolution on state-of-the-art. Our current toolbox is: Sketch, Invision Studio, Principle, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Keynote, After Effects.
- Create brand identities and full brand implementation for new products the Studio team is bringing to market.
- Lead and define visual design, taking into consideration the interaction design direction, to explore and develop a consistent, functional, and delightful experience.
- Collaborate with the research team on design research and usability testing, providing insight as well as assisting in hi-fi prototype creation for testing.
- Collaborate with development to check that output coincides with an optimal experience.
- Act as the people’s advocate on cross-functional teams, ensuring that we are moving towards providing an optimal experience for our members in terms of interactions and design aesthetic.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of other designers, researchers, developers, and product managers to ensure that we are executing against project goals and milestones.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or equivalent degree
- 3+ years of professional design experience working at a start-up or top-tier design agency or within a world-class design team at a large technology company.
- Experience creating a brand and bringing it to market. Plus: shipping a product or significant features as the lead visual or UX designer.
- Experience iterating with engineers and other team members to get it just right.
- An exceptional eye for talent, with an ability to identify and recruit great new designers.
- Great presentation and communication skills, with the demonstrated ability to utilize design to solve and overcome communication challenges, such as stakeholder management between design, product, engineering.
- Empathetic champion for the people you’re designing for.
Posted 26 days ago