What you need to know about the company?
At Saleswhale (YC S16), we help sales and marketing teams automate mundane and repetitive tasks. Since 2016, Saleswhale AI Assistants have been deployed in over a hundred mid-market and enterprise teams such as Zendesk, Randstad Group, General Assembly, and Siemens. We are a Series A, 30-person startup funded by Y Combinator, Monk’s Hill Ventures, Wavemaker, and GREE Ventures.
The Saleswhale culture is our pride and joy. Our employees tell us we are the most transparent company they have ever worked in. Our CEO insists that “life is too short to hate your work.” We believe in Radical Candor; we look for curiosity and intellectual rigor; we appreciate grit and growth mindsets; and we absolutely do not hire assholes (yes we actually practice it).
Furthermore, we believe in being frugal but generous with our customers and employees alike. We have a large office with a gorgeous skyline view in downtown Singapore (Suntec Tower), where we enjoy hosting events for the community. We invest in good chairs (Aeron) and good equipment. Weekly, we offer free-catered lunches to everyone regardless of roles.
What opportunities await you?
Saleswhale is looking for a Product Designer to join the growing design team. As a product designer, you'll help turn our mission from vision to reality. Although you collaborate with product managers, engineers, and customer success managers to make the best possible product experience for our customers, you own your features from start to finish. You ought to know how to balance what is good enough by sweating out the details. Saleswhale's focus in providing great customer experience goes beyond product and extends to our culture of customer centricity, research processes, and scalable systems.
What are your responsibilities?
- Own the design process of the product team, partner with Product Managers, Engineers, Customer Success Managers to solve product and business challenges and ship customer value
- Work with Product Team to explore product problems from end-to-end, facilitate workshops (design sprints, service blueprints or customer journey mappings) to uncover problems and come up with potential solutions, run research and translate insights into ideas to form new features, then design user flows and interactions to realize them
- Be an advocate of our users, discover insights through user research, validate your designs with users through qualitative and quantitative studies, then write, and share the findings to the Product Team to help shape the feature direction
- Sketch, wireframe or rapidly prototype ideas to quickly assess viability, and design fine-grained details of interactions and experiences
- Collaborate with Product Designers to critique, align, and maintain consistent design and work with Engineers to improve and expand Saleswhale's Product Design System
Do you have the qualifications?
- At least 4+ years of experience as a Product Designer or any related experience
- Working experience with end-to-end UI/UX design processes and have helped ship products and features
- Experience in conducting user research and other data-inform decision to design
- Ability to effectively take directions with feedback from co-workers, research insights, and excellent communication and presentation skills
- Self-starter who can collaborate with Product Managers, Engineers, and other non-design related functions
- Proficient in UI design tools like Sketch or Figma
- Self-motivated and highly driven to succeed, take direction without the need for motivation, and be accountable for whatever results
- Experience in designing for software products
Do you have other exposures?
- Previous experience with SaaS B2B product space; a plus factor
- Understanding of Front-end design and development
- Designing and execution of brand system across platforms
What do you need for this application?
Include a link to your portfolio that clearly outlines the design case study and touch the process you applied to tackle the problems and challenges rather than focusing only on visuals and aesthetics.Posted 28 days ago Apply Now