Director of Product Design
This role is fully remote.
Kraken is expanding our product team comprised of talented, experienced, and motivated veterans of the technology, design, and finance industries. We are creating the most advanced and sophisticated cryptocurrency financial products in the world, while relishing every moment along the way. Join the revolution!
We are looking for an experienced and award-winning leader in Product Design to manage, mentor, and guide our seasoned product design team in producing beautiful yet clean interfaces across our products. We are looking for a rockstar leader. Someone that can balance art and science - a keen eye and tasteful aesthetics mixed with an analytical mind. You also must be a great listener with a wealth of experience in both UX & UI design and research. Someone who has designed and managed teams whose products rise above the competition and who can prove their experience collaborating with remote & globally distributed front end development, marketing, product, and design teams.
The Director of Product Design will be a leader at Kraken working closely with the best engineers, designers, business leaders, partners, and clients in the industry. If you want to have a strong voice in the product design direction of Kraken and help us achieve our mission of worldwide financial freedom, apply today!
- Reporting to the VP of Product you will drive the design vision and manage the execution of that vision for Kraken’s flagship products
- Manage, mentor, and grow a seasoned team of product designers and UX copywriters
- In partnership with product, engineering, and marketing leadership you will represent the design team, lead design initiatives, and provide feedback in planning and product channels
- Lead design critique, reviews, and design team sprints
- Set high standards for UX design and implement structure and process to ensure that the design and engineering teams adhere to these standards
- Partner with product, engineering, marketing, and brand to ensure projects are well-defined, high impact, and successfully executed
- Work closely with product managers, engineers, QA and their leaders to ensure a cohesive user experience across all products.
- Redefine core workflows for web and mobile taking into consideration both UX and UI design principles
- Advocate the importance of User Centered Design and mentor designers on design process and deliverables
- 10-12 years of product design experience in financial services, fintech, or crypto
- 4-6 years of management experience in product design
- A strong passion for managing and mentoring designers
- Solid portfolio of latest relevant work you will present to the hiring team
- Strong understanding of User-Centered Design and UX principles
- Expert-level experience creating design systems
- Proficiency throughout the entire design process from formulating high-level strategy to executing pixel-perfect mockups
- Constantly improving and refining the interface with valuable findings gathered from the open feedback loop of internal team members and clients
- Mastery of programs such as Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator or similar
- Experience working closely with Agile development teams
- Mastery of HTML5, CSS3/SCSS/OOCSS
- Experience using analytics, user research, and other approaches to help make decisions and iterate on the product
- Strong passion for Bitcoin and the cryptocurrency movement and a desire to make the best trading platform in the world
- UX Certified and/or NPDP strongly preferred
- Design QA experience a plus
- Start-up experience is a plus
- Experience leading and collaborating with diverse globally distributed teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment preferred
- Comfort with ambiguity and grace under pressure