Senior UI Designer
Axure Software is looking for a talented Product or UI Designer to join our growing Design team. Our products are used by user experience professionals, business analysts, and product managers to plan and prototype software projects across many platforms, from desktop and mobile applications to video-game to medical devices and car infotainment consoles.
Our ideal UI Designer has a natural passion for visual and interactive design work and the talent to create engaging product experiences. We are looking for people who can use their design expertise to dig into complex problems and provide a UI and user experience that is both functional and beautiful.
All candidates must provide a cover letter and a link to a portfolio of recent UI or Product work to be considered.
- Design simple and intuitive experiences by distilling product requirements and user goals into wireframes, prototypes and final product design
- Iterate and improve UI elements based off analytics, feedback and customer needs
- Collaborate with product, UX and development from discovery to execution
- Effectively present and communicate your design solutions to the larger team
- Advocate on behalf of the user, with the goal of creating the most efficient and easy-to-understand experience possible
Preferred qualifications include:
- 4+ years of Interaction Design experience
- Strong portfolio showcasing design work that displays your strategy and process
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to defend decisions based off design principles
- Solid understanding of common front-end frameworks and UI patterns
- Strong understanding of usability and user centered design practices
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions
- A team player with a strong desire to work collaboratively
- Proficiency with a variety of design tools including Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Axure or equivalent
We offer competitive salary, benefits, and perks including:
- Generous paid vacation, sick leave, and parental leave
- A wide variety of health, dental, and vision insurance options
- 401K with matching company contributions
- Fun quarterly company outings
- Tasty monthly office lunches
- Paid garaged parking or public transit stipend
- Spacious and comfortable employee lounge with amazing views of the bay and downtown
- Kitchen loaded with a fun selection of nutritious snacks and drinks
- Convenient onsite gym, game room, and secure bike lockers
- ...and let’s not forget PING-PONG!!!
We're located in a contemporary high rise office in downtown San Diego with amazing views to the bay. Most of our team is located in the San Diego office, and we prefer to fill this role with an on-site employee.
This is largely a sedentary role that includes sitting, typing, and viewing computer monitors for long periods. In consideration of these physical demands, we provide an ergonomic office environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer who embraces diversity. All employment and promotional opportunities are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business needs.