Visual Design Contractor
The National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials (NALEO) Educational Fund was established in 1981 to promote the full participation of Latinos in the American political process, from citizenship to public service. NALEO Educational Fund achieves its mission through integrated strategies that include increasing the effectiveness of Latino policymakers, mobilizing the Latino community to engage in civic life and promoting policies that advance Latino political engagement.
Founded in 1981 by the late Congressman Edward R. Roybal, NALEO Educational Fund is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization governed by a 15-member Board of Directors and a 35-member Board of Advisors. Headquartered in Los Angeles, the NALEO Educational Fund maintains offices in Houston, New York City, Orlando, Phoenix and Washington D.C.
The Visual Design Contractor will report directly to the National Director of Communications and will work closely with the Interactive Design Manager to support the graphic design, marketing collateral and brand needs of the organization. The Visual Design Contractor must have experience with design and element placement as well as graphic and text layouts as it relates to a politically centered aesthetic. The position requires a willingness to learn and the ability to interpret needs, objectives, and direction from multiple sources to ensure design concepts meet brand standards and organizational goals. This is a temporary six month contract opportunity that requires an average commitment of 15 hours per week. Portfolio of previous work must be presented (that demonstrates an understanding of visual design) along with your hourly rate.
• Will be responsible for designing organizational marketing materials that are consistent with the organization’s brand;
• Adhering to brand standards; and
• Designing print and online materials, logos and branding systems, presentations, sharable social media graphics, invitations, research reports (with charts), flyers, event journals, and signage as well as other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS – KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in graphic design, visual communications or related field;
• Minimum of three years of prior design experience;
• High proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Dreamweaver;
• Familiarity with copyright and legal restrictions, in relation to art rights, stock photography, caricatures, etc.;
• Design experience including page layouts, information graphics, website design, presentations and logo/identity development;
• Solid understanding of basic design, color and typography principles;
• Solid understanding of Social Media platforms and design aesthetics;
• Understanding of photo retouching;
• Must have working knowledge of HTML/HTML5, CSS;
• Must have experience with CMS platforms (Experience with NationBuilder a plus);
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs;
• Ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously and work well under tight deadlines;
• Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced and changing environment;
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, a consummate team-player, a creative problem solver, positive attitude, detail-oriented and highly motivated;
• Must have strong organizational skills;
• Ability to work respectfully with people of all cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds; and
• Supportive of mission and non-partisan philosophy of NALEO Educational Fund.
Posted about 1 month ago