From the Mayflower to the moon landing, every venture relies on insurance. The 1trillion dollar insurance industry is fundamental to our economy, but it has been slow to modernize. It’s a fragmented market (where the largest player only holds a single-digit market share) that represents an enormous opportunity. At Newfront, we provide comprehensive risk management powered by advanced technology and a client-obsessed culture.
Our unique approach recognizes both the vast potential of technology and the fundamental role of expert advice and trusted relationships. While we’re a technology-driven company, we believe that people matter most. Our mission is to define the future of the insurance industry by leveraging modern technology that empowers people with information and delivers world-class service to our clients.
We’re the fastest-growing brokerage in the country because we’re built for the 21st century.
As one of the first designers at Newfront you will join a team creating a completely new brokerage experience from the ground up. We’re using technology and empathy to encourage the antiquated insurance industry into the modern era, and to empower those who interact with it along the way.
You are a generalist who owns projects from end-to-end, enjoys problem-solving, and values the real-world impact your work makes. We always put the user experience first, and you do too. You are scrappy and resourceful, unafraid to dive into an unknown project but humble enough to make mistakes and iterate. You collaborate well cross-functionally, with both technical and non-technical roles and have strong communication skills to convey your ideas. You thrive on speed and wearing many hats, and you enjoy working on different parts of design
You'll be at the forefront of our efforts and be directly responsible for decisions that form the product. You’ll use your full range of skills from product design, interaction design, and visual design to build delightful experiences.
You'll be responsible for:
- User research. The Newfront platform is essential to several user communities (employees and customers) and the backbone of our business. You’ll be responsible for extracting insights from these groups, identifying gaps and opportunities in their user experience, and designing solutions.
- Designing new product features with Product and Engineering. We have multiple cross-functional product development teams. You will be integrated into one of these teams and be responsible for all designs for that team's roadmap.
- Working with Product Managers and Engineers to prioritize, plan, and execute. You will work with Product Managers to conduct research and solidify project briefs, design screens and prototypes, and work with engineering to solve problems.
- Contributing to and maintaining the Newfront design system. Ability to work within an existing design system and creating new elements when needed.
- Designing projects both small and large in scale. You should be comfortable thinking through complex projects that may span multiple quarters and be able to design with the future in mind.
- Communicating your design decisions to the rest of the team. You’ll need to be able to clearly share reason and intent with non-design-focused team members.
You'll be a great fit if you have:
- 4-6 years experience working as a product designer
- Experience designing for multiple platforms (mobile and web). Our products are primarily web-based so you should be familiar with the web as a platform. You need to understand the limitations and nuances of the platform.
- Familiarity with creating design systems. You have worked within and evolved existing design systems and have potentially created one from the ground up.
- Strong communication. You should be able to clearly communicate expectations to other stakeholders and keep those stakeholders up-to-date throughout the project.
- We’re looking for someone with a broad set of skills. Strong visual design skills are table stakes – layout, typography, color, interaction design.
- Competitive compensation
- Stock Options
- 100% employer-covered Medical and Dental
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k Employee Contribution Program
Newfront is an equal opportunity employer — we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Newfront is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.