Lead Product Designer
We are building the future of freight
We're a design first company and strongly believe that enterprise users deserve the same beautiful and simple experiences that their consumer counterparts get. If you agree, come help us build it and reshape logistics. Together we'll replace tired and comfortable incumbents with a modern marketplace built around speed, ease of use and fairness.
As Lead Product Designer, you'll get to spearhead our customer and driver experiences on web and mobile with bold vision going from prototype to final designs furiously. Once you've settled in, get ready to start the process of helping build a world class team of designers and researchers around you.
The ideal individual for this position is someone who relishes the opportunity to push product from the ground up and is looking for extreme ownership to spread wings and test limits.
What you'll get to do:
- Build flows that make the complex feel simple through great design.
- Architect the style and structure of our design language system.
- Iterate and align brand feel to be always be fresh and ahead.
- Meet with users and get to understand their problems and desires.
- Schedule and run user testing on prototypes to validate your hypothesis.
- Establish key metrics to indicate success or failure after new designs rollout.
- Help build a world class team of designers and researchers around you.
What success looks like in this role:
- 4+ years UI/UX product design experience working on web and mobile apps.
- Experience doing in-person user research and effectively using the findings.
- Ability to build component based design systems.
- Experience working with engineers delivering projects in a clear concise way.
- Understanding of complex user tasks that scale from novice to advanced.
- Experience working in a fast paced and execution focused environment.
- Strong accountability, work ethic, sense of urgency and accountability.
- You work primarily within Sketch and on a Mac.
What you'll get from Mothership:
- Highly competitive salary and employee stock options.
- Full health, dental and vision (PPO).
- Unlimited paid time off.
- Work at our bright, window filled, open floor plan office in West Los Angeles.
- Equipped with sit / stand desk, 27" 5K monitor and top spec MacBook Pro.