Picnic’s mission is to structure the world’s medical data to make it useful. We work directly with patients to collect, digitize, and manage their complete medical records, giving them with control over their care through a personal health timeline (see demo). We also partner with biotech, genomics, and pharma companies who sponsor PicnicHealth accounts for research volunteers. Through this work we’re building the data sets that power some of today’s most cutting edge medical research. We’re going through a crazy period of growth this year, coming off our recent Grand Prize finish in Google Cloud’s Machine Learning Startup Competition.
You will be one of the first designers on the team. You’ll drive all things design and user experience at PicnicHealth. Your primary responsibility will be product design, ranging from typical challenges like onboarding and engagement, to experiments like reimagining how people visualize and understand medical information. You’ll be working across a wide range of problems, designing for audiences including the patients who are our core uses to the nurses who label data for our human-in-the-loop machine learning system.
As a design leader at Picnic, you’ll be a steward for our design voice and one of the strongest advocate for the user. Your goal is to help instill user-centric thinking and design methodologies into the core of everything we do.
What you'll do:
- Own and shape design at PicnicHealth
- Rapidly develop, prototype, test, and iterate on designs
- Lead user interviews and UX research
- Drive the product roadmap with the product, engineering, operations, and business teams
- Audit existing existing flows and experiences (discovery, website, app, messaging, etc), and sculpt them into a cohesive, simple, and elegant whole
What you've done:
- BA/BS degree in Design, HCI, CS, or related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years of experience working as a designer on digital products, either web or mobile applications, with a portfolio featuring examples of your design work.
- Passion to develop and execute on a cohesive design vision
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end product design, from research and UX through UI
- Excellent communication skills for internal (engineers, sales, operations) and external (patients, doctors, researchers) audiences
What makes you especially good at this role:
- Demonstrates strategic product thinking and vision
- Is driven to improve patient experiences in healthcare
- Is excited by machine learning and its implications for user interfaces
- Is motivated to be amazing in your role and, ultimately, improve the lives of patients.
Posted about 2 months ago Apply Now