Sr. Product Designer
Dubbed an "open-source unicorn" by Forbes, Confluent is the fastest-growing enterprise subscription company our investors have ever seen. And how are we growing so fast? By pioneering a new technology category with an event streaming platform, which enables companies to leverage their data as a continually updating stream of events, not as static snapshots. This innovation has led Sequoia Capital, Benchmark, and Index Ventures to recently invest a combined $125 million in our Series D financing. Our product has been adopted by Fortune 100 customers across all industries, and we’re being led by the best in the space—our founders were the original creators of Apache Kafka®. We’re looking for talented and amazing team players who want to accelerate our growth, while doing some of the best work in their career. Join us as we build the next transformative technology platform!
Here at Confluent, we’re building a streaming platform that’s changing the way people access and use data in real-time. What we’re making belongs at the heart of every company that needs to make quick informed decisions based on anything from user engagement to the supply and demand down to the second.
Confluent is building a team of passionate designers who are excited to create products that put our technology in the hands of users around the world. As a Product Designer, you will be deeply involved in the entire product development process. You’ll work with our team of product managers, engineers, and designers to create intuitive, beautiful products around our streaming platform.
- Collaborate closely with product managers and engineers to build products that help users build solutions with streaming data using the Confluent Platform.
- Identify and understand your users. Come up with elegant solutions and workflows to make intuitive, great looking UI.
- Articulate design decisions to stakeholders across all functional groups at the company.
- Help guide our product offering based on user testing, client feedback, and business goals.
- Help produce marketing material to help educate and drive awareness about the products we build.
- Provide and receive great feedback.
- Contribute to and help maintain our company design system.
What we're looking for
- Ability to innovate like crazy and design your way through the toughest problems.
- Take abstract problems with lots of possible solutions and have a good method looking at goals, trade offs, validate ideas, and arrive at the best possible solution.
- Good at designing broad, reusable patterns for UI.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or related or equivalent experience.
- Solid skills across the design spectrum.
- Thrive off giving and receiving great feedback.
- Experience running and crafting user studies is a plus.
- Ability to prototype in tools like Framer, Origami, and web is a plus.
- A portfolio or link to examples showing your process, eye for aesthetics, and depth of design work.
- Excited about working with a passionate team and building products that change the way users about data and ultimately use that data to drive their business and products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or related