Senior Product Designer
Boulevard is reimagining the way you shop and pay for personal care services. We innovate at the intersection of luxury and lifestyle to solve the unmet needs of businesses and their clients. We believe that the right technology will help small businesses do big things; to thrive and promote prosperity, potential, and possibilities for all.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to help design the future of the Boulevard. This person will take on a number of initiatives such as making functionality more powerful and intuitive for our customers, to driving style guide creation. The ideal designer for our team is someone who thinks creatively about what users need and who can turn those needs into elegant systems, components, and guidelines that enable our engineers to create delightful user experiences. Boulevard product design serves a vital role at the company, from creating the vision for new features, to the craft and finish of every detail in the product. We appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, and embrace collaboration and feedback.
- Work cross-functionally with product and engineering teams to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in planning and product channels
- Collaborate closely with design, engineering, and product leadership to define your features and contribute to the overall direction of your product area
- Create low-fi concepts to get stakeholder alignment before polishing with hi-fi prototypes for delivery
- Work closely with engineering to ensure high-quality implementation and user experience
- Solicit feedback from your peers, including other product designers and teammates in your product team
- Work with design leadership to inform and improve design processes
- Interview new product designers and actively inform our inclusive design hiring process
- Mentor and train new designers on the team, while fostering a culture of design at Boulevard
- 4+ years of experience in an individual contributor role, on a product design team for desktop or mobile
- Extensive experience designing usable, engaging, and beautiful customer experiences for iPhone, iPad, Android, and the web
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a foundation in typography, interaction and visual design, and ideation
- Experience partnering with product managers to develop the strategy and rationale for features
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions
- Excellent proficiency with Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, and other design tools
- Experience in working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- Smarts, humility, communication skills, and equal willingness to teach and learn
- You know how to code or have an understanding of how things work under the hood
- You have experience working on products with lots of data
- You have designed fintech or finance-related products
- You have experience iterating on your previous work over time
Boulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of sale, and conversation platform was carefully designed to drive revenue, automate workflows, and convert customers from visitors into valuable, long-term clients. By facilitating a better, personalized experience across every transaction and interaction, Boulevard’s technology not only helps salons and spas to survive, but thrive.
As a venture-backed startup based in Los Angeles, we are innovating at the intersection of luxury and lifestyle. We are thoughtfully unapologetic about challenging the status quo in pursuit to help people become the best version of themselves. We use technology, design, and style to unleash the untapped potential in all of us, drive real results, and we're just getting started! Come do the best work of your life here at Boulevard.
We are a community committed to creating together, vested in each other’s success. We enjoy the finer things in life and are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. We honor our past and dream big so we can anticipate tomorrow’s needs today. We are diligent about solving hard problems and are not afraid to challenge conventions or question the status quo. We have an insatiable curiosity, embrace experimentation, and believe that simple solutions require the most sophistication. We are discerning about what we work on and we design every detail to maximize potential, power, and impact. We cultivate integrity and trust, always striving to deliver delight, build confidence, and earn admiration in all that we do. We treasure learning, humility, diversity, and deep relationships at every level.
If you are a high-performing individual with passion and inspires others to thrive, then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you! This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a disruptive early-stage tech company poised for growth, offering its team members significant growth opportunities and generous equity packages. We have a proven product, brand-name customers, significant revenue, and are backed by leading technology investors.
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.