Crane & Co. has spent over 200 years as one of the most important companies in the country serving everyone from Presidents and Royalty to Artists and Musicians, and we are now embarking on the next 200. With innovation at the heart of our DNA and design in our blood we are excited to be growing our digital creative family with the goal to create a new dynamic award-winning platform to support every area of our business.
What You’ll Do
As our first UI/UX Designer this is an exciting opportunity to lead and shape digital product design and innovation at Crane & Co. as we strive to lead in online and brick & mortar retail print customization. Collaborating directly with engineering and design you will craft our brand-new customization platform that will power our site for years to come. The ideal candidate will be excited to take the creative lead and own all of our UI/UX for our digital products and understand how our customers impact every decision we make and how we can help them make decisions quicker.
With you we aim to rapidly create an industry leading luxury experience through design thinking, technology and a focus on innovation. Reporting directly to the CPO you will outline current technology and platforms/experiences and trends to help reinvent our own and create an extraordinary experience that works for both consumers and businesses. Excelling across both desktop and mobile your goal will also be to recommend new technologies, techniques that can help propel us forward to a seamless digital to physical experience that gives internal and external customers the space and opportunity to create. You will help us celebrate our craft through innovation and design.
We hire people who see the world in questions and possibilities and enjoy working collaboratively with a small team. As an expert in your field, we expect that you’ll proactively contribute thoughts and ideas—not simply become a production robot. Each team member is a key partner in our success as a company and your role will be no different.
What Your Responsibilities Will Be:
- Research emerging technologies and trends in digital design and customer experience that fit, support and accelerate our goals
- Translate trends and technologies into achievable scalable human centered designs for Crane
- Create designs that connect with and inspire a diverse community of consumers and creatives
- Collaborate with team members and stake holders to conceptualize new product features striving to create an award-winning platform
- Design and deliver wireframes, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Transform complicated processes and concepts into simple, intuitive user flows and interfaces
- Create final pixel perfect UI designs, package spec and prep for engineering
- Document and maintain visual guidelines to ensure continuity of all our digital product
- Provide insights and feedback using your experience to improve quality and experience to continually reduce the complexity of our platform
- Drive revenue through design
- Customer research
- Champion our values of design, diversity, community, innovation and craft & quality
- Collaborate with cross functional teams including Engineers, Designers, Project Managers, Executives, Photographers and other leaders within Crane & Co.
What Describes You:
- A strong creative eye
- Detail-oriented and an appreciation for the nuances of design across communities
- Drive to continually reinvent design and what it means
- Experience designing web-based, responsive interfaces, as well as native mobile interfaces for both iOS and Android
- Amazing presentation and research skills
- Experience and understanding of best practices with HTML, CSS etc
- Experience working on a high-performing, collaborative team in a complex and ambiguous environment
- Fluent in all the tools of the trade (Sketch, Invision, Illustrator, Photoshop and other prototyping tools)
- Experience working across complex user flows with differentiating user roles and permissions
- Experience, understanding, flexibility, and vocabulary necessary to work with engineers, business, researchers, executives and other key partner roles
- A great problem solver with ability to adapt seamlessly to the changing needs of the business markets and new vision of Crane
- An interest in print and customization
- An interest in AI and machine learning to better improve customer experiences
- An interest in voice experiences to build new brand experiences
- Willingness and passion to share knowledge and skills
- Great written and visual communication skills
What Is Required:
- 3 – 5 years of software UI/UX design experience; B2B, ecommerce and SaaS experience preferred
- Advanced degree in relevant field or equivalent experience
- This role will be focused in our New York City office where you will work with the CPO and Creative teams. Occasional travel to our historical home in the Berkshires is required for testing, prototyping team building and education
- Knowledge of best practices for design and SEO
- A passion for learning new skills and products
- A portfolio of original work is mandatory for applicants
Celebrating individuality, style and craftsmanship.
At Crane & Co, we pride ourselves on helping our customers make their own individual mark on the world. Whether designing custom stationery that becomes your signature, forging new business connections with a stylish stack of business cards, or staying in touch with loved ones with handwritten notes, our expert printers are there to help you create lasting memories – just like they’ve been for 200 years.
The principles that guide our work are anything but ordinary
In today’s increasingly digital world, it is often the humble handwritten card that stands out. We aim to elevate the simple act of sending a note from out-of-the-ordinary to absolutely extraordinary. Through principles like beautiful design, expert printing techniques and excellent service, we help our customers form connections that matter.
Innovation is written into our DNA
Since its founding in 1801, Crane’s stationery has crossed the desks of America’s finest figures, from Paul Revere to President Roosevelt. And while we embrace our history as an original American Maker, we are also looking towards our future. From investing in cutting-edge technology to creating new products, we want to continue to help our customers leave their mark through the timeless craft of the handwritten note. It’s an exciting time at Crane & Co, and our employees will have the chance to shape our vision for the future. Our legacy of craftsmanship will follow us always, but what comes with it will be up to you.Posted about 2 months ago Apply Now