Director of Product Design
Boulevard is reimagining the way you shop and pay for personal care services. We innovate at the intersection of luxury and lifestyle to solve the unmet needs of businesses and their clients. We believe that the right technology will help small businesses do big things; to thrive and promote prosperity, potential, and possibilities for all.
We are looking for a Director of Product Design to lead multi-disciplined teams in building products that are simple, opinionated, and well-crafted. In this role, will lead one of Boulevard's core product areas, and coordinating with leadership across other teams. You’ll join our talented team and help shape not just our products, but our people and the way we design and build. On a typical day, you’ll give feedback in design critiques, coach your team through challenges, make strategic decisions with your peers in Product and Engineering, and interview candidates to join our team.
- Shape and communicate a compelling long-term design strategy and vision, reinforcing consistent quality standards while maintaining continuous innovation and evolution.
- Own the design process for your team—from problem definition to design implementation and iteration
- Partner with Product and Engineering to ensure projects are well-defined, high-impact, and successfully executed
- Guide products towards solutions that are unquestionably simple, intuitive, and "just work" for our users
- Work closely with design leadership to ensure a cohesive, elegant, usable, and delightful user experience across all products and platforms
- Establish and advance design experimentation, prototyping and Boulevard's overall product design practice as part of the software development process.
- Guide your team to discover what matters to users and help determine not just what things look like, but how they work and what we build next.
- Set ambitious but achievable goals and manage the product design team’s output.
- Hire, manage, and coach Product Designers, UX Designers, and Interaction Designers
- Grow the design team by attracting and retaining top talent
- 4+ years of experience leading a design team and 8+ years of design experience
- A portfolio of relevant design work, executed either by yourself or a team that you led, that conveys an ability to ship successful products that people love
- Courage to admit when something you or your team designed ended up failing.
- A user-centered approach to designing software for people
- Experience attracting and hiring exceptional design talent
- Comfortable juggling a wide range of responsibilities at the same time
- A collaborative, low-ego approach to working with others
- Conversant in current technologies with an innate understanding of popular web and mobile application stacks.
- Fantastically strong written communication skills, from intra-team communication to great user-facing copy.
Boulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of sale, and conversation platform was carefully designed to drive revenue, automate workflows, and convert customers from visitors into valuable, long-term clients. By facilitating a better, personalized experience across every transaction and interaction, Boulevard’s technology not only helps salons and spas to survive, but thrive.
As a venture-backed startup based in Los Angeles, we are innovating at the intersection of luxury and lifestyle. We are thoughtfully unapologetic about challenging the status quo in pursuit to help people become the best version of themselves. We use technology, design, and style to unleash the untapped potential in all of us, drive real results, and we're just getting started! Come do the best work of your life here at Boulevard.
We are a community committed to creating together, vested in each other’s success. We enjoy the finer things in life and are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. We honor our past and dream big so we can anticipate tomorrow’s needs today. We are diligent about solving hard problems and are not afraid to challenge conventions or question the status quo. We have an insatiable curiosity, embrace experimentation, and believe that simple solutions require the most sophistication. We are discerning about what we work on and we design every detail to maximize potential, power, and impact. We cultivate integrity and trust, always striving to deliver delight, build confidence, and earn admiration in all that we do. We treasure learning, humility, diversity, and deep relationships at every level.
If you are a high-performing individual with passion and inspires others to thrive, then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you! This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a disruptive early-stage tech company poised for growth, offering its team members significant growth opportunities and generous equity packages. We have a proven product, brand-name customers, significant revenue, and are backed by leading technology investors.
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.Posted about 2 months ago Apply Now