User Experience Director
The User Experience Director leads our most complex and innovative projects, creating products and services used by our client’s customers. They have a natural feeling for the way an experience should work and a deep understanding of what users want and need when it comes to interacting with brands and businesses in digital.
The work includes digital strategy, user research, and design across numerous touch points, including web, mobile, social, brand, and emerging platforms. The User Experience Director oversees interdisciplinary teams through research, strategy development, concepting, project definition, and design.
At Idea Booth, you are expected to be a cross-functional leader helping project teams define and deliver sound strategy for new and established brands that drive our clients messaging and story forward through exemplary visual design and user interaction. We work collaboratively with internal teams, clients, and third-party developers on innovative digital projects throughout the entire brand development lifecycle and drive clients from concept to launch and beyond.
We need someone who can be a strategic project owner, a team player, and a skilled client partner all rolled into one. They should be decisive and excited to lead their team forward; someone who will never tire of pushing the work to be better, while malleable enough to take direction from senior team members.
A successful User Experience Director at Idea Booth establishes a shared vision by building consensus on priorities leading to project execution. They have a bias for action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive projects forward. They have an innate ability to simplify complex and technical concepts and to plan, prioritize, and seamlessly integrate all moving parts to execute successful projects. They bring a strategic perspective to projects as well as contribute hands-on to get things done.
What we’d like to see:
- Idea Booth is highly collaborative—we need someone who will not just listen but anticipate the needs, concerns, and input from clients and teammates.
- A truly impressive background with user experience creating amazing visual design, branded materials, websites, or applications while pushing the boundaries in interaction design.
- A healthy design background and interactive experience, with an intimate knowledge of industry tools, and a solid understanding of designing intuitive site functionality, interaction, site architecture, user interface, and navigation.
- The ability to work autonomously and as part of a team; we want people who can get their marching orders and go as well as communicate and collaborate.
- Experience with senior clients. Someone who is an expert at handling themselves and our clients in every imaginable situation.
- Someone open to feedback who knows how and when to defend design choices.
- Define and manage project roadmaps to realize business goals and strategies. Including feature backlogs and product documentation, user stories, use cases, user flows, and functional requirements.
- Work in tandem with Project Leads to define core project goals, functionality and requirements that establish shared vision by building consensus on priorities leading to project execution.
- Prioritize development activities with Project Leads, assist in determining the best technical implementation methods, working closely with QA on acceptance testing and lead product launches.
- Help refine working processes to maximize efficiency in constantly evolving environments.
- Experience leading interdisciplinary teams in creating killer projects and services that balance innovation, user value and technical and operational viability.
- Engaging presentation style and visual communication skills—you should be insanely excited about your work and know how to spread that enthusiasm.
- A naturally curious person with a desire to learn from and apply the best design processes, that keeps on the bleeding edge of technology innovation and is obsessed with bringing user voice in at every opportunity.
Please include a link to your online portfolio, Dribble, or Behance, along with your application in order to be considered.
About Idea Booth:
Idea Booth is a Chicago based Creative Agency set on changing how brands stand out from the competition and forge a space of their own. At our core, we are a culture of thinkers, innovators, strategists, and creatives who share a passion for creating disruptive ideas to help brands and companies share their stories with the world.Posted 21 days ago Apply Now