We are Echobind.
Echobind — recognized as a top Full Service Agency is looking for a Designer to join the Design team. We are a consultancy that takes the goals of businesses and clients and translate those into Design solutions that users will love. Echobind is a company where you will be able to flex your creative muscles. Your work will have high visibility and will have major impact both internally and externally. We are building a Design Team that will make waves and we want your talents to be part of that movement.
The Designer we are looking for.
We are looking for a Designer that is a non-linear thinker that is going to think outside the box. Someone that is going to push the limits of what is possible. A person that gets so excited when a Design is done well that it makes them want to get out their chair and tell the world about it. Someone that dreams big and loves solving complex problems, then refines their work into something simple, powerful, functional, intuitive, beautiful, and unique. They understand that simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
The ideal person is someone that is naturally curious and studies the breadth of the Design landscape. They look for the connections and relationship between different forms of Design and how they can use them across each other and in their current work. They think about the big picture and how what they are working on will impact it. Flexible and open-minded open to new ideas and ways of working.
We need a person capable to articulate why they are making certain design decisions and explain/present these decisions. They need to be able to help other non-creatives, or non-designers to develop ideas and work through problems.
We want someone that is going to challenge us and challenge themselves to create better things every day. A person that has a great attitude, positive, fun, and passionate about what they do. Must have a keen eye to detail and ability to turn research and requirements into functional, intuitive and beautiful creative Design solutions.
Location: Remote - US
Position Level: Junior - Mid
This position is a remote position. You will able to work from any location. So you will be required to have excellent WIFI.
We have a variety of projects that range in requirements but our work is digital. The main projects will be in web or mobile space requiring lots of User interface and User experience design. So we are looking for someone that enjoys designing User Interfaces for things within the Web, Mobile, Wearable, and Voice Design space. But within those projects, there will be requirements such as:
Portfolio / Examples showcasing your body of work.
Demonstrated skill as a Designer, Product Designer, UI/UX Designer.
Strong verbal/written communication skills and analytic skills.
Exhibits strong design fundamentals. Typography, Color Theory, Composition, Grid Base Design etc.
Exhibits solid UX fundamentals. Journey Mapping, User Flow Mapping, Experience Mapping, Service Diagrams, Affinity Mapping, Persona Development etc.
Experience in UI Design - Web - Mobile - Desktop
Ability to apply design solutions cross media: ie. Print, Web, Mobile, Motion..
Capable of creating StyleScapes, MoodBoards, Wireframes (low, medium fidelity), and High Fidelity Mockups.
Knowledge across Design types. ( ie Branding, Marketing, Packaging, Editorial )
Knowledge about Accessibility and creating accessible designs.
Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
Proficient with UI Design tools such as Adobe XD, Sketch or Figma.
Digital prototyping using software such Principle, Studio, Adobe XD, Marvel, After Effects.
Ability to create custom illustrations, typography, and iconography
- Competitive salary + annual bonus
- Up to eight hours per week dedicated to "investment time". This is our way to investment in projects that will make you and the agency better.
- Fully covered expenses to a conference of your choosing each year
- Fully covered expenses to any conference that you're accepted to speak at
- Fully covered Health and Vision benefits
- 401k program with company matching (4%)
- Four (4) weeks paid vacation
- Three (3) weeks paid leave for any new parent plus three (3) additional time if you give birth or adopt.
- New computer setup of your choice
- Ability to work from anywhere in the US with an Internet connection
- Echobind’s work comes from a group of human beings who have different perspectives, backgrounds, educations, lifestyles, and leanings. Our work is better because of these differences, not in spite of them. Echobind is happily a equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We’ll always welcome people to apply with us regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.