Product Designer (UI / UX)
We’re looking for a product designer who is able to keep complex apps intuitive for the people using them even as new features are added.
The kind of work we do
Lightspeed Systems creates essential tools that empower IT departments in K-12 schools to make learning safe and engaging for students. Our award-winning, cloud-based products allow our customers to provide safe, filtered Internet access to students, to save time by deploying apps and managing settings for hundreds of devices at once, and to help teachers keep students on-task during class time.
We work in a fast-paced agile environment that excels at delivering new features to market quickly. The design work is highly collaborative, working hand-in-hand with developers and other stakeholders, and iterating as often as needed.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Ask in-depth questions to understand the problem you are attempting to solve
- Work with the design lead to set deliverables for projects
- Create intuitive experiences and aesthetically pleasing designs for new or existing features, and back up decisions with research and data where possible
- Iterate on design concepts to reflect team feedback and technology constraints, starting from early whiteboard sketches all the way through interactive prototypes and the launched product
- Provide and seek feedback from teammates to always push for the best outcomes
- Participate in user interviews from time to time
- Help flesh out and refine our design system
What it’s like to work here
This position will be based at our Portland office. Our Portland team is in a recently remodeled industrial space not far from downtown. We have a relaxed work environment, a casual dress policy, a fully stocked kitchen, great coffee and beverage selections, a ping pong table, and bikes are welcome!
Technologies we use
- Mostly Sketch, sometimes the Adobe Creative Suite
- 4+ years of UX/UI design experience
- A portfolio of solid design work that demonstrates the ability to understand and address UX challenges with intuitive solutions
- Ability to articulate your design rationale to teammates working on a project with you
- Experience with end-to-end product design, from discovery to launch
- Experience using evidence to inform design decisions
- Bonus: strong HTML/CSS skills
Posted about 1 month ago