UX Product Designer
SIMON is looking for an outstanding User Experience Product Designer with a strong interest and capability in designing highly innovative and engaging user experiences for our cutting-edge financial application. The individual must have an eye for functional design and possess technical skills to synthesize high-level concepts and ideas into concrete high-fidelity designs. The individual must be able to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently to bring simplicity and user friendliness to meet client needs and vision. We are looking for an individual who is passionate, creative, and enthusiastic, with an ability to fluidly adapt to new UX design challenges and problem solve in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- Be involved in the design of new features from the earliest planning stages to the final release
- Understand and translate user needs, requirements, and technical capabilities into innovative and elegant visualizations.
- Effectively communicate detailed designs visually and verbally, contributing to client presentations and delivering strategic recommendations with confidence.
- Lead in the creation and revision of information architecture artifacts such as, but not limited to: personas, content outline, sitemaps, user journeys, concept sketches, wireframes, flows, high-fidelity mockups and prototypes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members and users throughout the design phase to address iterative feedback and to ensure optimal design execution.
- Be able to seek and find creative inspiration outside of looking at someone else’s solutions.
- Stay up-to-date with UI design trends and best practices
- Design for modularity, accessibility, and product expansion.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Computer Interactions, Visual Arts or related field
- Strong understanding of usability and user centered design principles and methodologies.
- Strong UX design portfolio that demonstrates creative design thinking and polished visual execution
- Expertise in design basics including Typography, Color Theory, and Layout across different form factors.
- Positive, collaborative attitude and great sense of humor
- Proficiency in experience with UX toolsets including Sketch, Zeplin, Framer, Invision, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, etc.
- Interest in Fintech entrepreneurship and learning about financial products and markets is a plus
SIMON Engineering is a group of experienced engineers working on building a modern platform for risk-managed financial products with a focus on structured investments.
We're a true FinTech company, originally built within Goldman Sachs, spun-out in December 2018, and owned by a consortium of leading financial institutions. Some tech companies bring good tools and usability but don't have the industry expertise or connections to be successful. Some financial services companies have that expertise but can't build compelling modern technology. We bring cutting-edge technology and usability together with our unique group of industry experts and partners to do something unique.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, the chance work with a curated team of top-notch, highly creative talent, and a fun and agile work environment with many perks in the heart of New York City’s Chelsea district.
SIMON Markets is a fast-growing and award-winning FinTech company, on the lookout for smart, collaborative talent to join our team.
Originally founded within Goldman Sachs, SIMON Markets spun-out in December 2018 under the shared ownership and direction of seven leading financial institutions. Our team works to build transparency around complex, risk-managed financial products by way of a single, modern platform. Our platform provides financial advisors with access to multi-issuer solutions, a depth of educational tools, and advanced post-trade analysis that hasn’t before been possible.
By combining state-of-the art technology with the leadership of niche industry experts and an agile start-up mentality, SIMON is well-positioned to reshape our industry. We are leading the way in a space we helped create, we are passionate about pushing boundaries, and we are growing like crazy.
Join a Team with Limitless Potential
SIMON Engineering is a team of 35+ experienced developers, collaborating closely with our product and sales teams to continually improve and expand SIMON’s platform. Our challenge? Build something beautiful and powerful, unlike anything financial advisors have yet experienced.
Our front-end team is building out our web and mobile presence using React, Redux, and Webpack, along with some very sophisticated data visualizations and designing these interfaces using Sketch and Invision. Our back-end team is using Scala, Akka, Vert.x, Kafka and other open-source technologies to build a micro-services architecture that can scale to handle our ambitious roadmap. Our quantitative engineering team is researching and building novel financial strategies to widen our competitive advantage. Our dev-ops team is creating a development and production environment with Docker and Kubernetes to keep us nimble.
Posted 29 days ago