Senior Product Designer
At TourRadar, we are a bunch of techie travel experts on a mission to enrich people's lives through touring. We have built a marketplace platform that brings travellers together with a large number of global and local tour operators, and we are committed to providing simple yet remarkable user experiences to them. By placing emphasis on research and discovering what travellers need, we are building an environment where designers can grow and thrive while helping the company on its global mission.
We believe in building quality products that solve real problems for real people. Travelling the world is in our DNA, and we want to bring those life-enriching experiences to as many people as possible. We're looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer to join our growing Product Design Team and help us bring our vision to life.
This role is focused on our core Traveller Experiences. Everything from helping people be inspired to travel, searching, finding and booking their best trip yet, falls within the scope of this role.
Product Design is currently a 4-person team, led by our Head of Product Design, Kevin. He'll help you grow as a designer and help you do your best work yet. The team works across the entire user experience of not only the traveller side of our marketplace but the operator side as well. Whether that touches our core website, b2b tools or our mobile app.
You'll be doing the following:
- Solve core product problems while owning all aspects of Product Design.
- Partner with Engineering and Product Management to help shape the overall roadmap.
- Do Research and Discovery and contribute to our continuous learnings pipeline.
- Collaborate closely with Engineering to bring holistic and beautiful interfaces to life, and be part of the Design Team with whom you'll review work, craft design strategies, and further develop the design discipline at TourRadar.
You'll be responsible for:
- Raising the quality bar in all aspects of our Product Design practice, from research, conceptual ideation, prototyping, interface designs, and user testing through to handover with Engineering.
- Coaching and training junior designers in best practices, UI patterns, cognitive behavioural triggers, growth loops and foundational elements that make for great product experiences.
- Knowing and understanding our users, potential customers and travellers in the broader market. Be in-tune with their functional as well as emotional needs and advocating for them.
You'll need the following to be successful in the role:
- Experience designing digital products and systems, not just websites.
- You've shipped or helped ship a few successful products.
- Experience in creating product experiences across different devices and platforms.
- Clear communication skills and proper articulation of your thoughts, design work and the rationale behind your decisions.
- A deep understanding of how modern technologies can be leveraged with design.
- Ideally, you have some experience working in e-commerce, marketplaces or data-informed organisations.
- People who do well with us are those who naturally do their best work when collaborating with engineering, product, research, data, and people from all over the business. Being a self-starter goes a long way to ensure you are getting the most value from your time here with us.
We can offer you:
- Progress: The excitement & stability of working for a rapidly scaling, Series C funded startup, including Silicon Valley investors.
- Ownership & Impact: An environment where individual ownership of your career goals & projects means you can directly grow the TourRadar business. The opportunity to grow personally & professionally is limitless, for those willing to work hard.
- Free Travel: Generous travel credits are provided to experience multi-day tours around the world, updated annually to keep you travelling. International Office-Exchange is also a possibility, to work & learn from your colleagues in TourRadar offices in Brisbane or Toronto.
- Awesome Office: Work in our expansive, casual office, right in the heart of Vienna’s 1st district. Including a private BBQ terrace, free snacks and drinks, office foosball, games and wellness activities. All in a dog-friendly environment that encourages collaboration and connection amongst teams.
- Location: Vienna is a thriving startup hub, with ample opportunities to grow your network and enjoy the benefits of a city ranked #1 for Quality of Living for 10 years running. Affordable for families and young professionals, filled with nature parks, a lively restaurant foodie scene and plenty of street art, events and rolling vineyards to visit on your weekends.
- Diversity: An international work environment with more than 40 nationalities, with English as the official working language, but many more overheard in the hallways!
- Regular team outings: Team nights at least once a month, with different themes and activities to keep us connected. Team members often spontaneously organise events and trips together in- and outside of Austria, from skiing, to pasta making, rock climbing, wine tasting and more.
Come join our team and please make sure you include an online portfolio, personal website or PDF file that you can share with us that highlights some of your recent work. We cannot advance your application without some sort of portfolio.
Even if your experience doesn't precisely align with this job description, we urge you to apply. Your skills and your passion will stand out and set you apart. We're firm believers of Journey over Resume. Additionally, we also offer a relocation package and visa sponsorship.Posted 28 days ago Apply Now