Visual Designer - Marketing/Comms
At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to three countries and 45+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
About the Job
We're looking for a Marketing and Communications Designer to create engaging and great looking designs for TaskRabbit's social media campaigns, display ads, marketing and communications channels. You will be a member of the TaskRabbit Design Team but work closely with the Marketing and Operations teams on projects that will help drive traffic to TaskRabbit's digital products, build brand awareness, and communicate with users. You'll work with the Senior Brand Designer to execute assets and keep a cohesive visual style across different mediums. This position has the opportunity to work on UX projects and develop those skills as well.
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
** Along with your resume, please submit a link to your online portfolio **
- Collaborate and work cross-functionally to deliver designs needed for the Marketing and Operations teams
- Design visuals for the TaskRabbit social sites; including Facebook,
- Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube
- Design and optimize digital campaigns for performance by designing with an eye on
- engagement and success metrics
- Design and layout e-mail pages with photos and copy for internal proofing
- Source stock images to match TaskRabbit's brand guidelines
- Color correct or alter photo files in Photoshop as needed
- Create illustrations or infographics as needed to communicate to users
- 3+ years of experience in a marketing or brand design role
- A portfolio showcasing great looking email, social media, online advertising content, or other communications assets
- Comfortable using Photoshop, Illustrator, or Sketch to design
- Experience A/B testing email and social designs for performance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of type and visual hierarchy
- Strong organization skills and highly detail oriented
- Consistent ability to apply a brand's look and feel and interaction
- Passion to solve visual design problems and the ability to show
- different solutions quickly
- A positive attitude, open mind, and a desire to collaborate and learn
- Illustration and icon design skills
- Infographic design experience
- Motion graphics or animation skills
- HTML5 experience
- Photography or videography skills
- Project management skills
You’ll love working here because:
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, free lunch, weekly meditations, charity events, and a dog-friendly office.
TaskRabbit is a task management network that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group - the world’s largest furniture retailer - in 2017, TaskRabbit operates in the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada and is expanding its global reach rapidly.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded in 2008 on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to three countries, 45 cities and over 140,000 Taskers, yet our core mission has remained the same. We want to make everyday life easier for everyday people. And by doing that, we can make your neighborhood a little more familiar.
In 2017, TaskRabbit launched TaskRabbit for Good (TR4G), which connects neighbors to build sustainable and compassionate communities. TaskRabbit for Good was created to make it easier for neighbors to give back locally and make a positive impact in communities around the world. TaskRabbit donates a portion of its service fee from all TR4G initiatives to best-in-class local non-profit organizations tackling social and environmental challenges.
TaskRabbit’s headquarters is located in the heart of San Francisco, with three other offices in New York City, Austin, and London.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.Posted 2 days ago Apply Now