Senior Product Designer
ABOUT HAPPY MONEY
Hey, weary applicant!
Are you rummaging through job descriptions while asking yourself, “What is Happy Money?” or “What does Happy Money do?” or “Why is this job description asking me questions?”
In short, we change the way that people think about and use money.
Happy Money is a next-generation financial service that uses psychology and financial happiness products to help borrowers become savers.
Our goal is to disrupt revolving credit card debt and maximize happiness for people along the stages of their financial life through three primary experiences: Payoff, Joy, and Happy Money Score.
Payoff offers loans as a simpler way to say goodbye to credit card debt by reducing multiple high-interest payments into one low-rate monthly payment.
Joy is a mobile app that helps you track your finances and boost your well-being at the same time. Joy offers money coaching, a savings strategy, a unique way to track your spending, and shareable reads on finances and happiness, giving you a place to get organized, get on track, and get inspired. By breaking down purchases into “happy spending” and “sad spending,” you can tap into the psychology behind your buying—which can help you can spend happier and save more!
Happy Money Score incorporates a person's psychology and motivation to make credit decisions and financial recommendations that are more human. We're focused on the intersection between a person's psychology and how they make financial decisions.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Check out the Happy Design team site to see what the team is working on!
A Senior Product Designer at Happy Money has seen some s%@!. You ask more questions before giving any answers. You question everything because everything can be designed better. Employing your communication skills, you aim to get to the heart of every design problem; all before even pushing a pixel. It’s your years of trial and error building digital products that enable you to cut through the noise and craft simple and elegant solutions to real human problems. You have a clear understanding of the power of design systems, interaction patterns, programming, and human heuristics. In tandem, you also love pixel perfection and bring an artful aesthetic to the world of desktop and mobile screens. You thrive in community with other creative thinkers, collaborating at every opportunity. This same collaborative spirit also extends into your ability and desire to work cross-functional with Product, Engineering, and other teams to define deliverables and meet deadlines.
- Be accountable for and lead the design of large-scale projects from concept through execution
- Partner closely with Product, Engineering, Data Science, and other collaborators to define problems, map user flows, prototype interactions, and launch new products.
- Playing a key role in product research & development. You will actively be involved in defining the product strategy and influencing the future product roadmap and engineering landscape
- Distilling large, ambiguous problems into easy-to-understand frameworks and solutions
- Designing usable and elegant product experiences across all types of devices/platforms
- Using a variety of techniques to test your work, including internal and external research and testing
- Working with UI engineers to bring static designs to life
- A vocal, active member of the team to ensure we are constantly raising our standard of work and being an advocate for our customers' needs
- 5+ years of professional experience with end-to-end product design
- 5+ years of professional experience working with digital design tools like Sketch, Figma, Framer, etc.
- Heavy UX and UI experience, some experience working with brand and visual design
- Demonstrated history for leading the design of large complex initiatives
- Ability to think high-level about the product, not only 'how it should look' but ‘what are we building and why’
- A strong understanding of research frameworks – how to understand the customers' challenges and needs
- Experience working in scrum teams and delivering high-quality design solutions
- Experience in building and shipping complex software and applications while working with granular design system frameworks
- Portfolio featuring relevant work examples with Digital Products
WHY WE'RE AWESOME
- Rich employee medical benefits offering—most paid 100% by Happy Money!
- Unlimited vacation policy!
- Unlimited snacks, coffee, teas—whatever you’re into, we’ve got it!
- Weekly Happy Money Hour—we love to mingle and enjoy great brews!
Posted 2 days ago