We’re a small, fast-paced, friendly team of 35 and growing, who are on a journey to build a rocket ship which is focused on solving the biggest problem facing small businesses - cashflow.
We’re using AI and Machine Learning to provide real-time forecasting that really helps small businesses and their accountants to be more confident in their decisions, and allowing business owners to sleep a little better at night! We recently got recognised for our hard work by making it into Wired’s Top 100 European startups.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a high-growth start up at a critical time as the business begins to scale. We’re looking for a well rounded product designer to join our growing design team. We have a range of disciplines and are passionate about creating products and services to shape how people experience Fluidly.
We use all the usual tools of Airtable, Sketch, Invision and Abstract etc but don’t let that hold you back - we’re always looking out for new tools that can develop our ways of working.
Where you’ll have impact
- Working closely with an agile team of product managers and engineers to design and scale innovative solutions across the different levels of the app from data to storytelling.
- Be involved in every step of your human centred design process across discovery and build.
- Being able to do whatever you need to do to uncover user needs and opportunities.
- We’re still a new company so you can help us to shape our design processes and practices.
- Part of strengthening a user-centred design culture across the business.
To be successful in this role, you need to be able to:
- Work end to end on a project from initial concept to shipping a product.
- Design a service across multiple touchpoints and have the aptitude to think through the entire user experience.
- Show your proficiency across research, information architecture, interaction design and visual design.
- Plan, analyse and communicate user research.
- Articulate your design decisions clearly, whoever your audience may be.
- Work in a cross functional team to concept, prototype, test, iterate and ship your designs.
- Have a solid understanding of user-centric design principles.
- Show your keen eye for detail but understand how to solve problems quickly.
- Balance user needs, business and technical requirements.
- Passion for championing the voice of the customer.
- Motivated by working at a purpose and values-led company.
- Highly organised with a flexible approach to working.
- A love for design systems and system design.
- Collaborative working style.
- Thrive on solving complex problems
- The most competitive salary we can afford (DOE)
- 25 days holiday – and we will make you take it. Burnout is not big or clever.
- Limitless challenge and scope for development. You are joining us at a very exciting time and have the opportunity to take this role in your preferred direction as we grow.
- As much of our time as you need. You professional growth is important to us, and we want to help you to be awesome.
- Sensible problems that will add real value to real people. This isn’t a HBO parody company.
- Flexible working where possible. We like being in the office because it should be fun. All the same if you need to leave early one day to make the school run, that’s no problem.
Posted 4 days ago