Senior UI/UX Designer
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A PORTFOLIO WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
We are looking for one incredible designer to help us create beautiful and highly functional products for our users. The ability to fully understand digital product building is essential.
Medal is one of the fastest growing consumer applications in gaming. Users capture, upload, and share millions of videos every month using our platform. We're backed by some of the same VCs as Discord, Supercell, and Facebook. In 8 months, our platform has grown to more than 1.5 million users and we have an aggressive roadmap ahead with tight deadlines to hit, so you should be incredibly self-driven and have a just-get-stuff-done attitude. You'll be working with a great engineering team who can get stuff done and your work will be used by millions of gamers around the world. Your work should inspire the next generation of gamers.
A few examples of your responsibilities:
• Design websites, apps, and combined digital and physical experiences with the end user in mind. You'll do tasks like User Research, Sitemaps, Wireframing, Mockups, and Prototypes.
• Assist developers in implementing your designs in HTML, CSS, and JS. You will not code, but you must be familiar with code to know what is and isn't technically possible.
• Work in collaboration with your team to be aware of what works and what doesn't at all times.
• Stay informed on UI and UX design trends, in terms of both tools and style, as well as on the latest and greatest of web frontend development and mobile development.
What we are looking for
• Passion. You love both designing and developing UIs with functional UX in mind, and have an interest in user psychology, and accessibility.
• Relevant Experience. You've got at least one mobile or web UI design project under your belt. You know your way around Sketch, Photoshop, Invision, HTML, CSS, etc.
• Humility. You're eager to help. You're open to feedback and truly value others' opinions. You are confident and independent without letting your ego run the show.
• Analytical. You know how to design with your audience in mind, using a data-informed approach. You are eager to use tools like analytics, heatmaps, and user session recordings to know more about how users use your products.
• Business-oriented. Businesses need money to survive. There's no point in having a beautiful website with joyful users if they are not helping the business grow. You must make sure that the business goals and user goals live in harmony and cooperation.
• Conversational English. You read and write well and can hold a relatively fluent conversation in English, even if the topic is somewhat complex or technical. Grammar is very important.
• Drive. You're diligent, energetic, and tirelessly persevere through adversity until the job is done, and done perfectly.
• Ability to pitch. You can articulate the 'why' and lead discussions around your process, explorations, and conclusions.
• Curiosity. You don't know everything, and that's ok. But you're curious. You want to know more. After all, it's a big world.
• You have opinions. And you can articulate them. (And you're not afraid to tell your teammates when they're saying something that doesn't make any sense.)
• You're about ideas. Pixels are important, but they're not always the most important factor.
BONUS: Experience working in the game industry.
• This position will be based in our Long Beach office.
Compensation and Benefits
• Unlimited PTO, recommended 4 weeks.
• Unlimited memes.
• You will not be micro-managed. We trust you. We believe in you. We know you will deliver work on time, every time, and that your work will be your best work to date. You will own your process and the end result.
$80k – $120k USD
0.1% – 0.3% in equity
If you're eager to join us just as much as we're eager to work with you, apply below. We can't wait to hear from you! :)
PS: If you've made it all the way here, include *gg* in your note and we will give you a virtual high-five when we speak.Posted 4 days ago Apply Now