About the Role:
Are you passionate about communicating ideas and products to users in creative, usable and visually compelling ways? As a Digital Product Designer, you’ll work with our product, development and marketing teams to design the future of our web and mobile applications leveraged by millions of users.
As Product Designer at Passport, you will be at the center of all things that allow us to plan for and launch products for our new and existing customers, and you’ll do this in our incredibly fast-paced, exciting, and constantly changing environment.
- Participate in product design workshops.
- Take concepts from ideation to execution.
- Have a love for designing simple, beautiful software experiences.
- Great attention to detail whilst also being aware of the broader brand values. Comfortable experimenting and iterating on ideas.
- Welcome criticism, feedback and defend design decisions for the good of the product. Validate and iterate on product designs.
- Conduct user research and interviews.
- An all-round prototyper, with the ability to go from pencil-and-paper wireframes to fully functional mockups and prototypes. Knowledge of HTML,
- jQuery and CSS is a plus.
- 2+ years of professional experience working in UI/UX design of digital products would qualify you for the Associate Product Designer position and 4+ years of relevant professional experience would qualify you to be considered for the Product Designer position.
- Experience with Apple’s Human Interface and Google’s Material Design guidelines.
- Experience with digital design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Suite, Invision or Figma (we use Sketch)
- Knowledge of user-centered design and usability principles and techniques
- You have industry or agency experience for diverse projects and clients and a proven record of improving conversion rates.
- Experience with A/B testing, especially on mobile platforms.
- You’re comfortable dealing with end users, and conducting user testing
- You have a strong understanding of design principles including layout, typography, and color theory.
- You work smart and build a template any time something will be used more than once.
- You collaborate closely with product managers, teammates, and other designers to ensure strategic goals are met.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, know how to receive and deliver constructive criticism, and work well in a team.
- You have superior resource, planning, and time management skills.
- An online portfolio and relevant links are required.
Simply put, you have it all together - people enjoy working with you, your team respects you, your clients are regularly impressed by you, and you can juggle it all. You know the ins and outs of project management, but you also take tremendous pride in fully understanding the businesses you support. You are not afraid of challenging situations, and know how to navigate carefully during challenging client conversations. You constantly set the bar high with your daily work and your project portfolio, and then raise the bar higher for both you and your team. You always hit your deadlines. You have a propensity towards continuous improvement and love to figure out the scalable solution. You thrive in a constantly changing, fast-paced environment. You can balance short and long term objectives. You own the details. You are always thinking a few steps ahead. You can multitask between multiple complex projects while also fighting daily fires. You love working with teams. You listen, collaborate, take note of alternate viewpoints, and implement the best solutions. You can communicate with the best by being clear, concise, and listening.
Passport is transforming mobility management for cities, empowering them to create more livable and equitable communities. Passport’s mobility platform enables clients to digitally coordinate all modes of transportation and implement real-time, data-centric management of their curbside and street space through its enterprise software. Trusted by nearly 600 cities, universities and agencies, including Chicago, Toronto, London, Los Angeles, and Miami.
Passport is one of the fastest growing companies on the Inc. 500 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500 lists. Passport is backed by Bain Capital Ventures, Grotech Ventures, MK Capital, and Relevance Capital. For more information, visit passportinc.com.
Passport provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.Posted 7 days ago Apply Now