Campspot is looking for a talented UI/UX Designer to join our team!
Our ideal candidate is someone who has a wide variety of skills and is able to contribute across the many steps of the design process. In any given week, you might be asked to perform user interviews, create high-fidelity mockups for a new feature, write HTML and CSS for our production applications, or analyze site traffic and usage data to gain actionable insights.
Campspot provides a unique opportunity to design for both consumer and business-facing applications. Millions of campers use our consumer-facing website to plan and book vacations each year. Meanwhile, many of the largest and most well-known companies in the industry use our business-facing software to manage every aspect of their campgrounds, from booking and invoicing, to point of sale and inventory management, and much more.
As Campspot continues to grow, we want our focus on design to be a key differentiator between us and our competitors. We’re looking for the right candidate who can help make that a reality.
- Work closely with the business team, product owners, and development team to design and implement new features
- Lead user research efforts to help identify areas of opportunity and improvement
Key skills for this role:
- Knowledgeable about design patterns and UX best practices
- Basic understanding of how complex software works (ie, how design translates to code)
- Strong HTML and CSS skills
- Strong visual design skill
- Able to work closely with developers to make designs a reality
- Experienced with Sketch or similar design software
- Knowledge of and experience with common qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Can utilize data and research in design
- A high attention to detail
- Open to all experience levels with right skill set and a strong portfolio
Our interview process
- Initial phone interview to assess fit
- Take-home design exercise
- In-person interview at one of our offices
How to apply
If you believe you meet the above qualifications and are interested in this position, we’d love to hear from you!
*Please note that applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
Campspot crafts reservation software for resort owners that delivers their customers the perfect camping experience. We are a team of motivated people who use our talents to solve tough problems and build tested software.
Founded in early 2015, Campspot is looking to grow with people who embody our culture of continuous learning, innovation, and respectful collaboration. We’re made up of smart and innovative individuals who work together. Each of us adds value to our product with proven skills, ingenuity, and creativity, and we expand these qualities in a cycle of teaching and learning.
We value employee flexibility—from work schedule to dress code. This looser management style is paired with our expectation that employees hold themselves accountable for doing what needs to be done and to pitch in when a coworker needs help. On our small, self-managed team, initiative is a must.Posted about 1 month ago Apply Now