Lead / Senior UI Designer
Location: Los Angeles, California
Reporting to: VP of Content
Many companies believe that amazing UI is a “nice to have” -- for us, it’s a “need to have.” At first glance, our mission to create the world’s best online courses seems to revolve around course content and production quality. But in reality, that’s just the beginning. In order to truly set our students up for success, we believe we need to utilize design as an instrument to help students learn.
Jumpcut is a Y Combinator company, and went through the startup accelerator in summer 2016. We create cinematic online courses with some of the world’s biggest influencers. Our founding team has years of experience creating binge-worthy content -- and now we are on a mission to interrupt the online education industry by creating courses for the modern world that are as addictive as your favorite TV show.
You will be the start of our in-house design team and the design leader for all-things Jumpcut. You’ll build on user-centered principles to create stunning and innovative visuals and interactions—from concept to execution—across all our platforms. The 2 priorities at the moment are leading our rebranding efforts and redesigning features for our proprietary course platform. We are looking for someone who will continually ask themselves: How can I improve the student learning experience, and how can I do so in a beautiful, innovative, and creative way?
- Lead the implementation of our brand redesign and the continual interpretation of the overall Jumpcut brand (including illustrations, typography choices, interpretations of the color palette, and designs with creative risks)
- Contribute to increasing conversion rates of final sales by 10% through thoughtful design on opt-in pages, landing pages, etc.
- Work closely with UX/Product to design sketches and mockups for new features and visually iterate on their user stories, wireframes, and flow charts
- Elevate student experience by creating meaningful visual narratives with clear focal points across our digital platforms
- Respond to technical feedback from our front-end developers and implement changes to complex challenges in a way that showcases our products’ personality/features
- 4+ years experience creating stunning UI for consumer facing products
- Portfolio showcasing a strong ability to creatively solution using visual and interactive design
- Proven creative risk-taker - you don’t settle for “good enough” or “standard” design
- Fluent in industry standard tools (Sketch, Photoshop, Figma, etc.)
- Working knowledge of pixel perfect design, elevated color theory, and typography
- Proven ability to communicate conceptual ideas and design processes across departments
Additionally, you may be a good fit if …
- You are highly adaptable - you can accept feedback and improve quickly
- You have experience mentoring and managing junior designers
- You have worked closely with Engineering, Product, and Marketing teams
Benefits, Perks, and Compensation:
We’ve got a pretty sweet office, catered lunch and dinner from restaurants Johnathan Gold would approve, unlimited PTO, kombucha for days, and a full suite of benefits.
Check out jumpcut.com/about for more information and to meet the team!
Compensation is competitive, and dependent on experience: $90,000-140,000 annually.Posted 10 days ago Apply Now