Lead UI/UX Designer
CoachNow is looking for an experienced UI/UX designer to lead product design across our iOS, Android, and web apps. If you view yourself as an innovative all-around champ in the world of UI/UX, plus have the chops to knock out killer marketing creatives on the side, than this could be the job for you.
CoachNow is an all-in-one digital platform that enables coaches to coach smarter, manage their time better, and to inspire, motivate and change lives on and off the playing field. It provides a centralized place for coaches to communicate with their athletes, capture, analyze, and share media, track progress, and more. While CoachNow is already well established, with worldwide traction in 60 sports across 140 countries, we continue to build our product to give our coaches more capability and expand into new verticals.
Towards this end, our #1 goal for this role is to lead new product design across our iOS, Android, and web apps. Additionally, this role will provide creative fulfillment for new marketing efforts. As our lead designer your ability to not only innovate but collaborate with a tight, data-driven, high-performance team will be the most crucial aspect of your success. We are a product built for coaches by coaches so all product and marketing choices will be through that lens.
Modernize the coaching experience while helping coaches do what they love more effectively
Members Come First
Transformation vs Transaction
Coach and Be Coachable
Drive Long-Term Impact
Experiment and Learn Fast
Have a Growth Mindset
Areas You’ll Be Directly Involved In:
- Shaping and collaborating on product design as well as marketing creatives
- Driving high-impact initiatives & product experiences by contributing to our vision, strategy, process, and approach whilst supporting and advocating for user empathy and design thinking process throughout.
- Working closely with project managers, developers, and leadership in a collaborative environment to facilitate, lead, challenge, and build consensus on solutions.
- Actively contribute as a key team member but also operate independently.
- Overseeing the user experience of products from conception through launch as well as additional ongoing iterations.
- Giving and soliciting feedback from other team members in order to continually raise our bar for quality.
- Learning from a diverse and remote team and provide mentorship to others to fuel professional growth.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in the design of digital products and marketing graphics that have been released to the public, with a proven track record of success.
- Experience designing both web and mobile/native (iOS and Android) apps
- Proven experience delivering end-to-end digital products within a cross-functional team environment with an iterative approach that leverages quantitative and qualitative measurement.
- Ability to define problems & goals, create user personas, map user flows, prototype interactions, and oversee the development process across different client platforms.
- A foundation in traditional graphic and identity design, including but not limited to typography, color theory, grid management, layout, and visual hierarchy.
- Experience in delivering marketing and sales assets, such as static and native ads, banners, email designs, print, and environmental graphics.
- Strong expertise in industry-standard design software, with an emphasis in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Proficient in UI/UX prototyping tools such as Adobe XD, Sketch, Balsamiq, and/or InVision.
- Thorough knowledge across a range of design approaches, methodologies, including low and high fidelity prototyping skills.
- Excellent written & verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong collaboration skills across disciplines that drive change in products and teams.
- Ability to manage and contribute to multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to make data-driven decisions and engage in a Plan-Build-Measure-Learn-Repeat ideology
Bonus (but not required):
- Working knowledge of WordPress, HTML, CSS, and/or React.
- Tweak or refactor code in an existing project within a GitHub repository.
- Knowledge of design systems implementation and management.
- Experience with Agile workflow methodology, especially Scrum.
- Experience working on Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) products
- Experience in the sports or coaching industry.
- Competitive compensation
- Meaningful equity
- 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Generous paid time off
- New workstation
This is a full time, non-remote, non-contract role located in Tempe AZ. Can sometimes work from home, but should be in-office most working days. Please submit or include a link to a portfolio and a resume to be considered. Thank you!Posted 10 days ago Apply Now